Purina Feeds

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainecattlemother

We typically feed Purina's Grand 4-T Fyer to our show steers and heifers and have given the same ration to everyone in the past.  We have also fed Champion Drive ver faithfully.  This year I am thinking we should maybe try something a little different.  We like the Purina products and are close to home but should we do different feeding.  I plan to order our feed tommorrow from our nutritionist but just wanted some other feelings.  We are feeding a market heifer, steer, Monopoly x Cowboy Cut Maine Anjou breedng heifer and Star Power Simmental Breeding Heifer.  The Simmental heifer needs more fill across the top.  We do not want her to look like a steer and be to stout but we want to see the perfomance in her.  The Maine Anjou heifer is very deep and it almost makes her look like she has a fat belly.  What is everyones suggestions.

A.T.B

im not a fan of the 4t flyer but then again i havent used it much  im usin fitters (14 pound a day) on my heifer with about 2 hand fuls of beat pulp shreads and 1/2 pound of depth charge per feeding and shes really comin on in her top and fillin in the middle but she doesnt look fat by any means.....i ve got a legend and a whiskey steer that just took off fitters and put on touch there geetin pound of depth charge per feeding an 17 pound of touch a day and there comin on way better then expected....but maybe thats just me