• Rarely

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Never

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't even know what a QR code is

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

creativecattle

I am curious as to how valuable people think QR codes. I think they are a cool concept, especially when linked to a video. However, I don't know how many people are honestly scanning them and looking at the information. What do you think?

AAOK

I scan QR codes quite often to seek more information on a particular product or service.  Those directed to a video are the best.

Do a Google Search "the effectiveness of QR codes", and you will find the consenses to be they are not effective.

jason

I think they will be an increasing used tool in the future.  I think it is safe to assume that the number of smart phones are on the rise as well as the ability to integrate the web into everyday tasks.

I scan barcodes all the time at stores to get more info about a product or check prices.  I was watching a story the other day about how Best Buy has almost become a showroom for online shoppers.  They go play with the product in the store, scan the barcode, and buy at a cheaper price from Amazon. 

We also may get further integration with QR codes.  For example, you see a private treaty sale in a magazine, you scan the QR code and it adds the date to your calender as well as opening your website to photos of the calves.

creativecattle

Jason, I have heard of the technology that you are talking about in the Best Buy situation. What is your favorite app for getting that kind of price information. I think if QR codes are used efficiently people will become more frequent users.

dknupp

I use them in my marketing, mainly because its not that expensive considering the potential it can bring to a static add.  However, I don't think they are all that effective in agriculture compared to other markets.  Worth doing however.

jason

crystalcattle said:
Jason, I have heard of the technology that you are talking about in the Best Buy situation. What is your favorite app for getting that kind of price information. I think if QR codes are used efficiently people will become more frequent users.

I am just using a standard barcode scanner and it defaults to basically just google searching the barcode.  It is very effective as most retailers list the barcode in the product listing.