Question about registering ShorthornPlus

Help Support Steer Planet:

barngoddess

I have a steer calf that I'm not sure if he is able to be registered as a Shorthorn Plus or not. He is a Walks Alone out of a purebred shorthorn cow. I looked at the charts and if I'm reading them right he is Shorthorn Plus.

Not familiar with the shorthorn registry much at all so help is appreciated  :)

OH Breeder

You can register him as a plus. Go to the Shorthorn website and print off the plus application mail it in. You can't register plus calves on line yet. Make sure you have all the dam's info and walks alone should already be in database. He would be 50%. You can register down to 25%. www.shorthorn.org.

pweaver

I just registered a Shorthorn Plus heifer online and a few weeks ago registered a Plus steer and didn't have any problems.  The heifer's dam was a commercial/non-shorthorn breeding that I had to register as a foundation dam.  The sire was purebred Shorthorn.  The steer was out of a crossbred cow that I registered as a foundation and the sire was the purebred Shorthorn.

OH Breeder

pweaver said:
I just registered a Shorthorn Plus heifer online and a few weeks ago registered a Plus steer and didn't have any problems.  The heifer's dam was a commercial/non-shorthorn breeding that I had to register as a foundation dam.  The sire was purebred Shorthorn.  The steer was out of a crossbred cow that I registered as a foundation and the sire was the purebred Shorthorn.

sorry hit the wrong button....meant to hit quote

The cow was in the que and was registered. But if you are not a member of the Shorthorn Association and the one of the parents needs registered foundation my understanding was to send the paper in. Once the cow is recorded and you are a paying member you can log in and register.