Radar

Help Support Steer Planet:

cwbyup62

As I just got approval for this picture, which did not really take a lot of thought I wanted to get it posted.  This is a picture of Radar, the full brother to Whiplash pictured in Billings Mt last week at 10 years of age.  He was sheared in an alley way without even being caught.  He is as quiet as any bull you would ever deal with and extremely mobile for a bull of any age. 

Watch the next couple of days on our youtube.com page that you can find at maximumexposure1 and his video will be up in the next few days, it will probably be more impressive than this picture is.

Attachments

• Radar  www.jpg
    Radar www.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 211

cwbyup62

Sorry, this one should blow up and be easier to see.

Attachments

• Radar  www.jpg
    Radar www.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 265

rocknmranch

I would agree! A great looking bull.

Makes me even more excited about our new bull that I am picking up on Monday!!! A Whiplash grandson. He is going to be our herd bull. Looking forward to seeing his calves next year.

cotullaguy

Now everyone sees why I have been recommending Radar!  Awesome photo!

cwbyup62

I will try this again, maybe I will get it right some day

Attachments

• Radar  www.jpg
    Radar www.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 204

Show Steaks

what was his hair like when you sheared him? i know he is 10 so hair isnt quite top priority for a very mature bull. more or less wondering did he have the curly hair like backlash?

cwbyup62

He really had no hair other than the short, dull, dead stuff when we did him.  I  have known the bull for years, in fact tried to buy him after Fred and I bought the bred heifer out of him at $48000, I have seen this bull for the last five or six years off and on and he has never had curly hair at all.  I would not say he has every been a hairball, so to speak, but I have only seen him as a mature bull.

kanshow

Nice bull!  Is semen available anywhere? 

What is the breeding on the cow these bulls are out of?

cwbyup62

I am sure semen is available, contact LeClair's, I am not sure on distributors, I don't have anything to do with the bull really, just took the picture.

shelby23

Thank you for all those wonderful comments about Radar!  (clapping)  To answer all the questions about him Radar is a registered halfblood Simmental out of a Lash (Cunia) cow,  no he does not have curly hair it gets a little wavy around his head and neck when its long in the winter..  Semen is available right now throught the owners their number is 307-856-0500, or SEK Genetics...Radar's calves seem to be very versatile...whether it's in the show ring, pasture, or feedlot. 

cattlechick

The bull looks simply amazing, especially for 10 yrs old!!! Sorry Im unfamiliar with Backlash, Whiplash etc, what is his breeding? How are the BW's? Can you expect alot of baldies when mated to blacks? Thanks!

cotullaguy

cattlechick said:
The bull looks simply amazing, especially for 10 yrs old!!! Sorry Im unfamiliar with Backlash, Whiplash etc, what is his breeding? How are the BW's? Can you expect alot of baldies when mated to blacks? Thanks!

Whiplash is a legend in making Steer Momas..His semen is now at $750/unit.  Meyer 734/cunia.  He is dead.  Radar is his proven brother.  He will make baldies.

shelby23

Radar is registered 1/2 simmi ( meyer734 out of a Lash cow) Lash is cunia,He does throw baldies and some socks.
The birth weights run 70s to low 90s depending on the cow. The higher birth weights we have had were out of cows with bigger birth weights.
The calves still came real easy,they. are real smooth made,then body down and beef up after they hit the ground.