Rained Soaked

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

First of all I do feel for the folks in the southern drought states, but here in Ohio I,m just about at my ends wit with all this dam rain. Just recieved another 21/4 inches today on a already ground soaked state. Were out of fodder bales and becoming quite a chore just to keep the calves dry. OK I'm done venting but just wondering how other folks are dealing with the MUD.

AFSC

yeah its bad, i cant remember it ever being this wet for this long, its hard to even feed hay with a 4wd 101hp deere.  i'm just crossing my fingers i can haul them to pasture soon.  its rough on these babies for sure. i hear thunder now, guess its going to rain more tonight and i still have a few more to calve in this crap.

trevorgreycattleco

Amen. I am trying to run a lawncare company in this crap! I am lucky to have more pasturew than I need so the cows are eating good right now. I dont remember it ever being this wet. I can feel the mower just sinking whenIi mow. Gotta go fast to keep from getting stuck.  It will probably be drier than a popcorn fart come July.

kattleluver

I totally agree we have lakes in our fields that don't exist!! The mud is so bad in our barnyard we just turned the yearling show guys out with the big girls for a little bit!! We still have a few more days of rain to go according to the weather! :/ I'm also a little worried that we won't get enough rain throughout the summer with all this rain now!! :(

farmermom

We farm too, and its wetter now than its been all winter.  Flash Flooding in most areas we have gotten 7+ in since Friday.  We too turned the show girls out with the cows for a while because the lots are such a mess.  We are lucky we don't have alot of cows and the pasture is good.  I'm trying not to think the worst but it rained on Easter Sunday and that's a bad sign for more rain, but also I hope we don't get it all now and nothing for the summer. 

JWW

Just checked the rain guage this morning -- got another 1.45 inches in Ames, Iowa yesterday and last night.. more in forcast today and laterin  the week... would really like some warm weather to brighten the mood..

JWW

TJ

farmermom said:
We farm too, and its wetter now than its been all winter.  Flash Flooding in most areas we have gotten 7+ in since Friday.  We too turned the show girls out with the cows for a while because the lots are such a mess.  We are lucky we don't have alot of cows and the pasture is good.  I'm trying not to think the worst but it rained on Easter Sunday and that's a bad sign for more rain, but also I hope we don't get it all now and nothing for the summer. 

I'm not too far from Galatia & only a few miles from the Ohio River.  I'm getting used to tornado warnings, flash flood warnings, severe thunderstorn warnings, road closures, flooded fields, etc., etc.!  State of emergency just across the river in Posey County, Indiana.  None of our crop ground has been planeted yet & it's almost May.  Fun, fun, fun!!       

taylor tay

In wisconsin it is drier then it has been, it keeps snowing and raining in the middle of april...Ahh!

TJ

TJ said:
farmermom said:

I'm not too far from Galatia & only a few miles from the Ohio River.  I'm getting used to tornado warnings, flash flood warnings, severe thunderstorn warnings, road closures, flooded fields, etc., etc.!   State of emergency just across the river in Posey County, Indiana.  None of our crop ground has been planeted yet & it's almost May.  Fun, fun, fun!!       

I just saw in the news that Henderson County (our neighboring county to the northeast) has roughly 90 roads closed due to flooding!!