Rainmaker calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

e/bcattle

We had our first calf of the season out of Rainmaker today and the heifer was a whopping 46 pounds, now that's calving ease.  My question to everyone is do you typically get calves this small out of Rainmaker?  This is the smallest clubby bred calf we have ever had.  Any history on this would be appreciated because the heifer is not bad looking and if calves come this small across the board he may be the bull of choice on heifers, especially since this is the 5th calf for this cow.

e/bcattle

Heifer was a little early (12 days) but we have had calves come that early before and still weigh 90 plus.

ATM OH

Had two last year unassisted.  Birthweights probably in the high 70's or low 80's.

mark tenenbaum

I have 1 Triple bred KABARose who has had 2 in a row like that-she was starved by some lying  crooks in Eaton Ohio-and I think the malnutrition ruined her,because the calves werent early-and just never would catch up.-shes bred this time to a Meyer son,hoping for a 70 pounder. O0

cdl

we had two rainmakers last year one at about 75lbs and one at 100lbs. both were nice calves.