ranch names

Help Support Steer Planet:

smo

my mother is making me come up with a name for my ranch idk y lol but it needs to be asap
i like bet your ass shorthorns
my name is steven oneil so i like SO show cattle but that just sounds like so cattle so she said no i need ideas pls

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Oneil Family Shorthorns
Prefix: OFS
tax shelter : OFS cattle company aka OFSCC Inc. LLC

that will be eleventy billion dollars

firesweepranch

Is this going to be a long term business? If so, I WOULD NOT go with the name you like. It is offensive to many people (like me - we do not use that kind of language) and you may lose customers with a name like that (I would not buy cattle from a ranch named like that... "hey kids, were going over to "Bet your Ass" ranch to look at show heifers". ) A ranch name needs a lot of thought, and should reflect your goals and life. Think ahead 10, 20 or even 30 years when you might have kids or grandkids that show your cattle.
Just a thought!
Ours is Fire Sweep Simmentals, or prefix is FSSR. We are both firefighters (my husband was a paid CA firefighter for 25 years and retired a few years ago due to an injury), and we clean chimney's as our other business. SO nothing to do with cattle really, but it is our passion...

Bradenh

ours is purple pride show cattle, i (like you) was told to come up with a name on the spot and that had a nice ring too it so we stuck with it, we have crossed up american calves so no purebred name would work, if your name is steven oneil and you have shorthorns why not SOS cattle company, may sound sillly but it is somewhat catchy

Warrior10

Think the best idea either involving your name or else your brand, such as Triangle U Show Cattle (just an example, sorry if used anyones just first to come to mind)

smo

how does every one like club calfs rs like toys rs haha i kinda like sos to

jason

I will add, as soon as you get it figured out, register your .com domain.  Make it short and sweet.

kfacres

Jason said:
I will add, as soon as you get it figured out, register your .com domain.  Make it short and sweet.
how do you do that? and what does it cost?

Ours is KF-Acres (Oxfords and Shorthorns)... Long story behind it, but it's been that since I was 6. 

But we're also involved with Hurricane Hamps and Black Diamond Shrops... 

My parents run off of BNK Farm (Bock (mom's maiden name) N Kabat (our last name))

upthecreek

I agree with what has been said, make sure the name can not be considered offensive in any way. As well make sure it is catchy enough for people to remember it.  If you are selling any kind of show catle or breeding stock this can give you an advantage over other people.  We live in Elm Creek,MB and our farm is called Up The Creek Cattle Co Ltd. this has worked well over the years as everyone that hears the name remembers it.

shortii

I know a lot of people that use their prefix that they use on their papers. Ex. EMB Angus

kfacres

shortii said:
I know a lot of people that use their prefix that they use on their papers. Ex. EMB Angus

I think that's what this poster is trying to get at.. they need something like that to begin.. and as a result asked the question... <rock>

personally, I swerve away from operations that use their initials as the deal.. Like JMK Angus.. big whoop, get creative and be unique...

rocknmranch

the truth said:
shortii said:

I think that's what this poster is trying to get at.. they need something like that to begin.. and as a result asked the question... <rock>

personally, I swerve away from operations that use their initials as the deal.. Like JMK Angus.. big whoop, get creative and be unique...

Ummm, kinda contradicted what yoy previously said about your parents and original acres names, don't ya think? Those dont seem very original.....

Sorry op, no advice. Rockn M.... M is last name, rockn is ib the brand.... Rocking M

kfacres

rocknmranch said:
the truth said:
shortii said:

Ummm, kinda contradicted what yoy previously said about your parents and original acres names, don't ya think? Those dont seem very original.....

Sorry op, no advice. Rockn M.... M is last name, rockn is ib the brand.... Rocking M

Ya, I think my parents deal is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard, and I make sure to let them know every chance I get that it sucks, good thing they don't register anything, or else I would put a stop to that crap... 

If you only knew what the KF-Acres stood for....  I bet you wouldn't think originally...  It doesn't stand for anything with our name... 

kfacres

aj said:
What about Wetback Cattle Co.? Always going with the flow and illegal.

I like your Sodhouse deal.. If I remember right, you had a bull named Sodhouse Little Big Man, or something like that.. and I think that was one of th eneatest named bulls, using the entire name, that I've ever heard.. give or take a little...

aj

Alfalfa Lawn farms........kind of a goofy name........but it did Walter and Joe Lewis proud(Kansas Herford herd).

shortii

the truth said:
shortii said:

Im not saying that by having a special name for your farm is stupid but as far as "swerving" away from places that don't have a creative name isn't the greatest idea. I personally don't care what the farm name is. Nice honest people that have good cattle is what I look for.   

Latest posts