RATE MY STEER

Help Support Steer Planet:

How does our Angus calf look>? Will he classify?

• Needs Work/Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs Work/ Yes

• Pretty Good/Nope

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pretty Good/Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • One of the Best Calves I've seen/Won't Classify as Angus

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • BEST ANGUS I've Seen/ WILL CLASSIFY ANGUS!

• Total voters

Kristenb8

This is an August Angus Steer....Do you think he'll classify as Angus. The sad part is we think that he is almost to good to be an angus so that will hurt him. let us know your opinion.

Attachments

• 286802_10150373207157889_671232888_9871515_452103578_o.jpg
    286802_10150373207157889_671232888_9871515_452103578_o.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 277

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
VERY nice looking ANGUS calf , looks very good, the kind we should be having for champions but those guys that told you he could be  sifted because he is
to good could be very right .....I was told what most of the traders do is the Xbreds that don't turn out they instantly turn ANGUS AN SOME EVEN HAVE SCURS AN HORNS ....don't know about that for sure , but had a very good ANGUS bull young enough to cut that (eligible to register an later sold as registered bull ) steer buyers would not buy because he was to good to make the sift .....Then you see all these ads about bulls ,XBRED BULLS  that had raised BREED champions you have got to chuckle ,what a joke ....

DLD

Nice calf. Pretty hard to say if he'll classify without a better pic of his head and not knowing where you are, though. If you're in Texas, I'd say you could be right, he might have problems if he's pretty stout.  We've had Angus steers get kicked out at Fort Worth that we never dreamed would have any problem, and got some in we didn't think would...

twistedhshowstock

Pretty nice looking steer, I personally dont see an issue classing him Angus.  He is a good steer but from his shape and what I can see for his head I dont think it should be that much of an issue.

ruhtram

Really nice angus steer!! Its too bad you even have to think about whether it would classify or not

Bradenh

could class, may not,... ive seen more angus looking claves get classed out, and ive seen less angus looking calves get classed in so you never know

if i was classing i wouldnt even slow up the line with him, depending on how his head looks however,,, i give him an 8

The wonderful subject of classifying..... ANgus is extremely difficult. Of course it depends A LOT on where you are showing him and what the rules are. When i personally look at him I think cross with maine. If where you are going to show him is like our fair where people in the club can challenge breeds you might have some issues especially if you can't paper him. I know that if he was entered in our fair heads would roll because he'd be a pretty GOOD angus! classifying is so tough... it mostly just depends on the situation.