Razor ~ The Next Great Charolais Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Charguy

I don't want to seem mean but before you tell everyone this is the greatest Charolais bull you should probably see him in person. For the record I have seen the calf and he wasn't the best calf the breeder even had - Encore was. Don't get me wrong he is a decent calf but I personally don't think he is a clubby calf bull at all. I'm glad you like him but there are better calves out there.

sizzler14

Charguy said:
I don't want to seem mean but before you tell everyone this is the greatest Charolais bull you should probably see him in person. For the record I have seen the calf and he wasn't the best calf the breeder even had - Encore was. Don't get me wrong he is a decent calf but I personally don't think he is a clubby calf bull at all. I'm glad you like him but there are better calves out there.
For the Record, My best Friend owns part of him so I do know stuff about this bull. And also for the record, the breeder stated that he was better then encore and diablo! Just what he said...

HF CHARS

I own part of Diablo ,and can tell you just from the picture this bulls hip doesn't compare to Diablo or encore

SWMO

For all those with their panties in a knot......  Time will be the telling factor on any bull.  He is not proven until he has alot of progeny on the ground.  I like the picture of the bull but then there are a lot of bulls that picture well.  Give us his Reg Number so we can see his numbers and then let him prove himself.  I think that it will be hard to get many to use him at $40.00 a straw.  How much is the signing certificates?  It can get pricey to register a calf in the Charolais breed.

For me Wyoming Wind is proven,  Grid Maker is proven, Firewater is proven, Prime Cut is proven and the list goes on and on.  These are just the bulls that pop to my mind at first thought and I know that other Charolais breeders have their own favorites and they won't be the ones that I favor.   It depends on what the end result is that you are aiming for.

Geesh.

sizzler14

HF CHARS said:
I own part of Diablo ,and can tell you just from the picture this bulls hip doesn't compare to Diablo or encore
Hansen just because you own him doesnt make him gold. Everyone is pasrtial to their own bulls

CAB

OK I shouldn't be asking this & it really doesn't make much difference, but does anyone else look @ the picture & say, if that's @ 10 months old, I'll eat the bull? Looks way to mature for a 10 month old IMO, but then it is just a picture of the bull. I think he looks good, but he'd have to prove himself for a few years B4 I would use him.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I guess I SURE AGREE with CAB ,if he is 10 months in that picture he don't have a prayer of working for clubby bull,he looks extremely big ....he is a good looking bull ,
video's are more dependable to look at and these bulls are young and have time to prove themselves .

RankeCattleCo

If he's truly 10 months in that picture that means that he weighs roughly 1350-1400 in the picture.

Are you kidding me? He won't be practicle for 99.97% of all cows in the U.S. and probably 98% for all cows in Canada.  He'll be 2700 lbs. mature!  Your only option clubby wise with him is to use him in a flush then use elephants for recips...

And btw- before you call a bull "the next great one" of a breed, lets see some offspring, different pics, etc.  That's cool that you have that opinion, but you're not really convincing me and I'm not to sure that anyone else is convinced either.

OH Breeder

vc said:
I think I will add Charolais and Canadians right next to religion and politics to the list of things not to talk about at parties. Seems you can peoples knickers in a knot pretty quick when you do.

I am still chuckling...... ;D (lol)

HF CHARS

BDCO said:
He's too dang big. Bw Yw blah blah blah quit beatin a dead horse
<deadhorse>
This makes me chuckle,,,I got a PM from him telling me how much more he knows about the club calf world then me.  And find it funny everybody else on here thinks the same as me!

DakotaCow

RankeCattleCo said:
If he's truly 10 months in that picture that means that he weighs roughly 1350-1400 in the picture.

Are you kidding me? He won't be practicle for 99.97% of all cows in the U.S. and probably 98% for all cows in Canada.  He'll be 2700 lbs. mature!  Your only option clubby wise with him is to use him in a flush then use elephants for recips...

2700 lbs doesnt seem all that large considering Sav Density is only a 6.2 frame and his mature weight is listed at 2728. Upward is 2795, TNT Top gun is 2659 lbs... There are many folks that would beneifit from using a high growth sire to increase performance within herds, that is if the calves come easily enough. The first calves will tell.