Recip price in Ohio??

Help Support Steer Planet:

hntwhitetail

I was wondering what is a good price for recips in and around ohio??  ???  they would be 5 to 9 yr old sim/angus recips.

OH Breeder

hntwhitetail said:
I was wondering what is a good price for recips in and around ohio??  ???  they would be 5 to 9 yr old sim/angus recips.

about three years ago I paid $1200 for Angus x Hereford from Trans Ova center here in Ohio. Lots has changed in 3 years.

Earthmover

Sat next to a fellow at an auction here in Ohio two weeks ago and he was looking for reciepts and said his limit was 1850.

justintime

I checked with Trans Ova several months ago now, and they priced recips at $2200 then. Haven't checked lately but expect they are higher now. I recently sold 20 embryos to a guy and he is buying young cows to use as recips. He said he had to pay as much as $2300 for some with calves on them.

johnmetzger

I have some recip's to sell for $1500.00 ea. All are 4-5 year olds open and have had calves. Where AI'ed once last year and never turned out with a bull. Turned out open but showing heat now. Shorthorn / Angus Cross. In northern Oh.