Recommendations to breed to Who Made Who Heifers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

kjd farms

We have 4 Who Made Who heifers to breed to this year?  Any recommendations on what to breed them to?  2 heifers are fancy and the other 2 are plainer.  Would you breed them back clubby or pure angus?

I'm thinking Bojo, Mercedes Benz, or Gigolo Joe for clubby.

Also thinking of using some pure angus on these heifers, any thoughts?

bcosu

Northern light has worked on ours. He will add style and soundness and won't take any hair away. He is seven eighths angus and we haven't had one over 80 lbs yet.

OH Breeder

If it were me, I would use OCC LEgend on the finer made females - he will make wonderful females out of that combo. Depending on size of females Northern Improvement will put some grow in them and make them pretty(maybe plainer made?). I just am always uncomfortable with heifers that are crossed up breeding to crossed up bulls. You can't ever go wrong with the angus deal. I like some of the Red Angus bulls just as well. I do'nt think they get enough press.

justme

Not for there first calf, but maybe the next one consider Alias.  My daughter has an Alias x Who Made Who and I love her.  For first calf, I've seen WMW crossed with Majors Money Man and I really really liked them.

Bulldaddy

Earthmover said:
Total Solution is what I use.

Total Solution is a WMW son.  Would think that kind of line breeding may give you some structure problems.  I like Ali 2 or Legend as mentioned by another poster.  Maybe even Carpe Diem.  He is a TH carrier but has been used successfully on heifers.

SEA

Golly.  This is just like going back in time ten years.  The Qusstion...

What do I breed an Who Made Whio heifer to? (lol)​

One answer is the same now as ten years ago OCC Ohlde breeding.  Worked then, still works now.  However, do not use if your WMW heifers are small framed.  If they need some grow, you may consider SAV Final Answer.  I also like my Northern Improvement calves, used on heifers.

jeffmaas

Doc, would also be a good choice. Keeps that kool look to them,better hair then a pb angus, better hind leg. Doc breds are making good cows, and some are bringing great prices at bred heifer sales.