Red angus: Majestic Lightning

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue25

Has anybody tried Majestic Lightning, if so, what were the calves like?

RedCowsRule

I haven't tried him myself yet, but I really like the picture of him and may try to get some semen to use this spring.

Blue25

I was curious because I plan on breeding him to two of my first calf heifers

ROAD WARRIOR

Blue25 said:
Neither was, what were his calves like for you?
I haven't used him. My statement was based on what I was told by Moxley. There are a few around out of him, Moxley has some, Hardy Von Forrel has some and Johny Jung is supposed to have a pretty good bull calf out of him. I'm sure we'll see some more in Denver. RW

Blue25

Oh, I was looking forward to beating you with my heifer, but your not showing one.

ROAD WARRIOR

Blue25 said:
Oh, I was looking forward to beating you with my heifer, but your not showing one.
Nope, leaving the girls home this time. Just showing the bulls we are promoting. Maybe next time. RW

ROAD WARRIOR

Blue25 said:
Hahaha. You better watch it, you probably know my dad, Nolind Ward.
I know your father very well. I have quite a bit of the NBAR blood running through my herd. You must be Zane.  RW

ROAD WARRIOR

Blue25 said:
That's me, how did you guess?
When you were little I took you to town and bought you candy. I'm one of the mustache boys. How is your dad? I haven't talked to him since last spring. RW

Blue25

True, you can see a picture of me and my heifer if you go to fatsteer.com and click on more Kansas beef expo pics, then you will go to pearl pics page and click on Kansas beef expo, then junior females champions ring a and b, I am one of the only red heifers on there

Blue25

Two of my heifers, another heifer(I think it one he sold but is showing with chain ranches) and two bull calves.

petejc72

Blue25 your dad bought a Lightning son in Reno this year from Klusers out here in OR.  That can kinda give you an idea of what the bull calves may look like.