Red Bluff Bull Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

I am planning on going this weekend. I have included the bull list, and if there are any bulls that would be of intrest for persons to see, just let me know. I will take pics. Might be interesting to see what the crosses turn out like. I think there are something like 400 bulls being presented for sale.

http://www.redbluffbullsale.com/files/Bull%20Sale%2010%20Bulls%20Only.pdf        Through page 22 is all Angus.

There are also some replacements being offered in an onlive video auction as well.

GM

Thanks for posting this.  It looks like it's going to be quite an event.  I noticed that there were 2 Maines and 6 Shorthorns out of 406 lots.  That's not a very big share of the market.  I'm curious what the Maines and Shorthorns being sold for commercial use look like.  I know Cardey has built a market on the west coast for his shorthorns, but you almost never see him advertise.  I always thought they would work well crossed with the "popular" shorthorn genetics in the midwest.

rocknmranch

I am going to make an effort to see what those bulls in particular look like and sell for. The prices for these animals never go very high at all, IMO.

All the Angus bulls are just like any other Angus bull, and can be reproduced at any point. Its all about whos named as the breeder. We have some of the more progressive genetics and can't get a fair shake. When you go to the auctions up here, and watch how the cattle sell, its pretty amazing. Black steers and Char crosses seem to be the only thing that sells. White face, reds and roans are always cut out of the lots no matter what the condition.

GM

Out of curiosity I checked out the Red Bluff Bull Sale web site to see how everything turned out this past weekend:

Count  Breed - Average
138    Angus - $2,853
20      Balancer - $2,952
12      Brangus - $1,700
32      Charolais - $2,166
2        ChiAngus - $2,000
7        Gelbvieh - $2,314
23      Hereford - $2,826
2        Limousin - $1,900
1        Maine-Anjou - $2,900
7        Polled Hereford - $2,671
15      Red Angus - $2,630
4        Shorthorn - $1,900
6      Simmental - $2,000
14    Stock Dogs - $4,803
108    Horses - $5,150
4        Mules - $5,075

The top selling bull was the Champion Angus, AEC MIDLAND 1304, from Traynahm Ranches in Oregon, who brought $5,400.  There was a Brangus bull that brought $800.  I had no idea the Stock Dog market was so demanding :)

This is an interesting sample of the commercial bull market on the West Coast.  How does this differ/compare with what everyone else is seeing in the Midwest, Canada, and other places?

Have a good evening,
GM