red brother to monopoly

Help Support Steer Planet:

[email protected]

I recently had a discussion about a red full brother to monopoly.  I can't remember the bulls name or where he is located.  Can someone help me out. (pop)

[email protected]

Maybe is was a red son of monopoly or headliner.  Can't remember.  Thats why I posted.  Hoping someone could refresh my memory. lol  I believe the bull was in Texas.     

OH Breeder

Big Foot
SIRE: Monopoly
DAM:Kadabra
DOB: March 2011
BW: lbs.
THC •  PHA Free

Lautner Farms

Attachments

• Big_B monpoly son.JPG
    Big_B monpoly son.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 152

texas111

Anarchy is a red son ibelieve.  Owned by Todd Kirkland.  He does not promote the bull much, but he is sure enough a good one. 

frostback

WB ShowCattle said:
heat wave is a red carrier tho right so it is possible... ???

No, you need two red genes to get a red calf from a black to black mating. Both parents must carry and then give the red gene to the calf. The cow would have 2 black genes.

OH Breeder

frostback said:
WB ShowCattle said:
heat wave is a red carrier tho right so it is possible... ???

No, you need two red genes to get a red calf from a black to black mating. Both parents must carry and then give the red gene to the calf. The cow would have 2 black genes.

So the Red son of Monopoly and Kadabara, are you saying that Monopoly has some red in him? I know Kadabara can. Just because the cow Hazel is purebred Angus doesn't mean she might not be a red carrier, right?

frostback

Yes Monopoly is a red carrier. Just like his dad Heatwave was a red carrier. I guess I cant say for sure that Hazel in not, but being a registered angus she most likely is homo black and Monopoly got the red from Heatwave. The red black thing is recessive just like the TH/PHA gene. Think of the odds with that just use the colour thing. Breeding a homo black animal to a red carrier will result in 50% calves being homo black and 50% being a black calf but they carrier the red gene.

Black                    Red (this is monopoly)

Black          homo black        black calf but carries red gene

Black          homo black        black calf but carries red gene