red rock vs. carpe diem

Help Support Steer Planet:

stapecc

I am going to use one or both of these bulls this year on some hereford cross cattle.  I was going to check with everyone and see what kind of success others have had out of these two. I am curious about what has worked and what hasn't.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks

wyatt

i dont recomend him for a heifer but i do have a heifer calf out of cd shes great but she weighed 105 out of a first calf cow! red rock looks sweet tho cd is more popular i would breed him on a variety of cows and he would clean up a leathery neck!

Rhj

We breed alot of Hereford type cows to CD about 90 % are low birth weight. 

Bulldaddy

Carpe Diem is a great choice for first calf heifers.  Mine have come easy, color seems to follow the cow.  Could have more bone but hard to have it both ways.

chappy

i would choose Carpe Diem go to traush farms blog and look at the calves on the groung right now out of him.

GONEWEST

Carpe Diem has plenty of good babies, I have one. But he has been used much, much more. Red Rock has two of the best bull calves that sold in on line sales all spring. I saw some calves out of him and just "Sale Barn" type cows and they were nice. If you think about how many don't, it takes a really good bull to improve a cow.