Red Simmental A.I.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgal

I have a Red Simmental cow that I want a show calf out of. Would like it to be black, but if there are any red or Hetero standouts, I'll take any suggestions! I was told Amazon, but I would like some other opinions. She is currently carrying a Voyager calf that will be born around the first of the year. She is Dream On Granddaughter, and the rest of her breeding is outcross. Thanks in advance!

Sorry about all of the pics! Just wanted some good opinions on what bulls to use. She's nothing amazing, but I feel like I can get a decent calf out of her if I'm lucky.
Before first calf
335ch9t.jpg

After calf last year
2bv2o8.jpg

Heifer Picture after coming off show feed
o01ldz.jpg

And these were a few days ago
p9lzk.jpg

2q06eew.jpg

x3h2yh.png

If you need more pictures of other views or more info, let me know. I also have some calf pictures of her past calves.
Thanks again! <rock>

grandchamp58

if you could put some calf pictures on that would be great! If you look at the thread on "Hairiest Simmy Bull" above, there are some good suggestions I think. Good luck!

SCowger

Semen available from Cattle Visions.

Attachments

• Homeboy-eblast5-14-2012.jpg
    Homeboy-eblast5-14-2012.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 410

snowmann

Simmgal said:
I have a Red Simmental cow that I want a show calf out of. Would like it to be black, but if there are any red or Hetero standouts, I'll take any suggestions! I was told Amazon, but I would like some other opinions. She is currently carrying a Voyager calf that will be born around the first of the year. She is Dream On Granddaughter, and the rest of her breeding is outcross. Thanks in advance!

Sorry about all of the pics! Just wanted some good opinions on what bulls to use. She's nothing amazing, but I feel like I can get a decent calf out of her if I'm lucky.
Before first calf
335ch9t.jpg

After calf last year
2bv2o8.jpg

o01ldz.jpg

p9lzk.jpg

2q06eew.jpg

x3h2yh.png

If you need more pictures of other views or more info, let me know. I also have some calf pictures of her past calves.
Thanks again! <rock>

Mark H

If you can afford him I would use Remington Lock N' Load.  At $175 a straw he is Expen$ive. A good power black bull is 3D BLK Full Throttle 483X  Full Throttle isn't cheap either at around $ 90 but does put good calves on the ground.

leanbeef

Davidsonranch said:
Homeboy would be cool.  I'd be willing to bet what the calf would look like as far as color or markings.

You would?...Because I sure wouldn't! Breeding a baldy or blaze faced Simmental to another baldy is VERY unpredictable in terms of color pattern. You could get a baldy... You could get a solid... Or you could get spots. I wouldn't do it unless you're fine with the possibility you'll get a traditionally marked, old school colored up Simmental calf.

It's kinda funny to me that the poster mentioned wanting a black calf, and pretty much every suggestion so far is for a red or heterozygous black bull...lol. Nice female btw...I like her.

SCowger

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
SCowger said:
Yes, this is who I was going to suggest!

Contact them direct or you can get the semen from Nichols where he was collected.  Call Andrew Lautt our Manager at RS&T Simmentals 620/767-2156 he can help you or myself Scott Cowger 816/304-0371.  Lance should have Homeboy listed soon.  We are excited about his calves that are coming this spring.  He looks really good and we have him at the farm near Savannah, MO if you wanted to come see him.

WKYIronMike

I like the Amazon thought myself, or maybe linebreeding a bit and use the Steel Force son Combustible. Secret Weapon looks good as well, anyhow those are three baldies I like. Not sure how showy the calves would be but they're nice looking bulls.

CAB

SCowger said:
Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
SCowger said:
Yes, this is who I was going to suggest!

Contact them direct or you can get the semen from Nichols where he was collected.  Call Andrew Lautt our Manager at RS&T Simmentals 620/767-2156 he can help you or myself Scott Cowger 816/304-0371.  Lance should have Homeboy listed soon.  We are excited about his calves that are coming this spring.  He looks really good and we have him at the farm near Savannah, MO if you wanted to come see him.
Thanks Scott.

Gators Rule

Cut Above(Fat Butt)  is a homozygous black bull with a lot of substance.  I have one of his calves on the ground, and 4 more due this weekend.  the one on the ground is a very nice heifer that we may have shown.   

doc-sun

Simmgal said:

Before first calf
335ch9t.jpg

After calf last year
2bv2o8.jpg

Go to the Allen 5x farm website and look at a red white face 3/4 bull named Houston. He is pretty good and his first calves have won some shows.

o01ldz.jpg

p9lzk.jpg

2q06eew.jpg

x3h2yh.png

Thanks again! <rock>

Simmgal

Thank you for all of the posts! Her voyager calf came out black with a
Whiteface and I am pretty impressed with him so far. Thank you for all of your suggestions, but I would like to keep her calves black if at all possible. Can't sell or show red around here and it's a shame. Both homeboy and drakkar look really nice, I just don't want a red calf if I can help it haha.

I had someone mention Domination, any thoughts on him? I haven't seem any calves in person so I am really curious about him. Is he better than Amazon? And cut above was another option, I believe he was mentioned on here too.

CAB

Simmgal said:
Thank you for all of the posts! Her voyager calf came out black with a
Whiteface and I am pretty impressed with him so far. Thank you for all of your suggestions, but I would like to keep her calves black if at all possible. Can't sell or show red around here and it's a shame. Both homeboy and drakkar look really nice, I just don't want a red calf if I can help it haha.

I had someone mention Domination, any thoughts on him? I haven't seem any calves in person so I am really curious about him. Is he better than Amazon? And cut above was another option, I believe he was mentioned on here too.

If you want black use a homo black SM bull.