registration question

Help Support Steer Planet:

stithka

I have a question about registering club calves.  I have a purebred angus herd and our registration rules are pretty straightforward.  But I see these show calves registered as Simmental, Chi, Maine, Mainetainer, appendix shorthorns, and Shorthorn plus.

What are the rules?  My cows are unregistered but I have used WMW, War Eagle, Friction, Ali, Paddy O'malley and Moody Blues and I am getting ready to use Phildon's JBS Fringe and CNS Exclusive (Simmi) this spring.  Can any of my current or future heifers be registered in any way?

Thanks for any help.

oakbar

You would be able to register anything out of Phildon JBS Fringe or any other registered Shorthorn bull as a Shorthorn Plus.  Shorthorn Plus is the new name for this registery--it used to be called the Appendix Shorthorn registery.  Hopefully by now, all shows should be using the term Shorthorn Plus instead of Appendix Shorthorn.  If you would like clarification on the Shorthorn Plus registery you can get on the shorthorn.org website.

Dero

Your calves sired by WMW, Friction and Paddy would be eligible to be registered as Chi. Ali and Paddy would be eligible as Maintainers and the Sim sired calves would be Simsolution