Registration

Help Support Steer Planet:

3HFarms

Ok so when I sold a bull,a couple of springs ago, that I raised I stipulated that I wanted a calf out of the first crop. I decided on a whitefaced bull calf and I havent decided if I want to make him a steer or keep him a bull. My question is if I keep him a bull is there any way to register him?  He is a ballie calf out of a Registered remitall bull and a registered angus cow and hes pretty nice but I dont think there is any way to register him is there? Or if not him, is there anything I could breed him to that the calves would be registered.

Hope that made sense because its worded funny. But idk how the percentage thing works for the different breeds

Steered

If I interpret your post correctly the bull is question is a hereford/angus cross.  If this is the case then no, the bull cannot be registered with either the hereford or angus associations as neither have a percentage program. 

You could breed him to a purebred cow of a breed that does register percentage cattle and get a half-blood calf. 

3HFarms

Ohhh k so the breed just has to have a percentage program? That works

TJ

Lowlines have a percentage program too... down to 1/4 (25%).  ;)

3HFarms

Haha funny thing about lowlines - we had some at our fair last year and like no one had clue (they thought they were minis or like dwarfs or something) and while they were clipping on this super nice bull they had I was like oh wow I like your lowline bull and their eyes got huge! They were like wow your the only one here who knows what they are!!!
I learned about them on here! haha

TJ

3HFarms said:
Haha funny thing about lowlines - we had some at our fair last year and like no one had clue (they thought they were minis or like dwarfs or something) and while they were clipping on this super nice bull they had I was like oh wow I like your lowline bull and their eyes got huge! They were like wow your the only one here who knows what they are!!!
I learned about them on here! haha

(thumbsup)

TMJ Show Cattle

You might check out the protocol for BLACK HEREFORD CATTLE,seems they have an association around Kansas City somewhere.

Steered

From the Black Hereford websight:

RULE 2.2 Eligibility for Registration
Black Hereford animals of any age for which application for registration is made may be registered with the Association upon proof of compliance with the following requirements:

A. The animal must be a Black Hereford, as determined under the Rules of the Association.

1. Therefore, a bull or cow must EITHER:

a.) Have an ABHA registered sire and a American Hereford Association registered dam.
       OR
b.) Have both ABHA registered sire and dam.
       OR
c.) Be the product of a paring described in a.) which was not eligable to register due to hair color and an ABHA registered sire.
       OR
d.) Be an American Hereford Association sire approved for admission by a 2/3 vote of the ABHA pursuant to Article II of the By-Laws.
       OR
e.) Be the product of an ABHA sire and a F1 dam whose parentage is registered in the American Angus Association and the American Hereford Association.

B. Percentage Bloodlines. All bulls, females and steers for which application for registration is made shall be classified as 62.5% or greater registered Hereford, be black in color, and must be sired by a bull registered in the ABHA.