Regumate use in heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

apple pifarm

Has anyone used Regumate on heifers/cows?  Is it approved for use in cattle?  We have a heifer that we are having a hard time getting
bred and have thought about using Regumate on her but I would like some input from other breeders before using it.  I have a call into our vet but he hadn't called back before I had to go to work.

Thoughts are welcome.

DL

Regumate is not approved for use in cattle

Have you tried a CIDR synch timed AI protocol?

apple pifarm

Yes, we have used a Cidr.  Heifer in question has had some bloody discharge, not alot.  This is the 2nd time to AI her.  We do not have a bull with her or near her she is a with another show heifer.

Thank you for the info on the Regumate, I didn't think that it was approved for cattle but was hoping.  I know that the drug does wonders for horses.  Very expensive though.

DL

OK - I am confused - you have a heifer that was bred once AI using some sort of CIDR protocol - she apparently had a bloody discharge - when? 36+/- hours after breeding? if so that would be metestral bleeding - seen normally and does not mean the heifer isn't pregnant. Why do you think you are having a hard time getting her bred? Has she been in heat since you bred her? How many days since you bred her?

romax - the Aug 13th old goat award goes to you - it is a coveted award - I am sure you are proud - watch the mail for a fake gold goat head for you bumper hitch ;)