Remmington Red Label ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

husker1

Our black full brother to him...Gunner...did much better at our place.  That's my only opinion. 

plattevalleysimmentals

We had a bull out of him a couple years ago that alot of people really liked just was that he was red, if red works in your area I would say use him, he throws some pretty descent calves. We went back again to him this year and had a pretty cool heifer that I think we will be showing that has a cool look and is pretty thick.

husker1

farmermom said:
What that because you prefered the black?

No, actually the calves were just better overall.  More guts and body.  Our Remingtons were on the leggy side.

Bawndoh

I would say leggy would be the last way to describe them, but who knows, your bloodlines probably just didn't click.  There has been TONS of Red Label used in Canada, and people LOVE him.  Of coarse that is why people used so much ;).
He breeds deep sided, thick, stout, solid working progeny.  If you are interested, I can provide you with many links to catalogues that featured RL bulls in spring bull sales up here.  The Grand and Reserve Grand champion bulls at Agribition up here were both RL sons.  He breeds great females as well.  The easy fleshing, correct, thick type with great udders.  All around, a great breeding bull :)

farmermom

Thanks for the ideas.  We were going to use him on a couple of angus commerical cows that need more thickness.  What's he to to the front ends?  These angus cows of ours have great front ends and are clean. 

Bawndoh

He is real clean fronted for a Simmy.  As stated before, he has had many showring champs, and you know how much leather is allowed there!

Bawndoh

I think he would work good.  He is definately more moderate himself, but with adequate performance.  He certainly is not going to add legs under them.

Bawndoh

You will probably get calves in that 85lb + range.  They can be up to 110lbs, but you have to understand those are Canadian stats, and there were probably a lot of fleck cows bred to him.  His full (flush brother) Winchester, is more of a calving ease bull.  Just as good of a bull, and has even better females, with better udders.  This is me being REAL critical, BTW.