Remote control box for blowers is there a market?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Would you buy a remote control box for blowers? Simple item you plug the blower into small key fob s

• Yes

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

bim1986

So blower plugs into outlet controlled by remote fob,  Is that correct?

Auburnviewfarms

That is correct. There are some out there but they don't hold up to the power draw from a blower.

GoWyo

We usually flip one switch at a time (about 3-4 seconds apart) on our blowers on 20 amp breakers to make sure they don't trip.  When running on the generator this is even more crucial.  Would be concerned about whether this remote would work when the blower is preset with both switches "ON".  Seems it would trip breakers unless you have some way of modulating the draw at start up of both motors at the same time.

Tallcool1

I wouldn't pay anything for it.

I have enough trouble keeping all of the fans, A/C units, spray bottles, clippers, and whatever else working.

When the day comes that I can't find my way back to the blower switches, I will quit.

How am I gonna keep track of another remote?  I can't find my TV remote about 1/2 the time!

GoWyo

Tallcool 1 - duct tape it to the nozzle.  Or tape it to the show box where the kid sits while the fitting crew works on the steer.  The crew can holler at the kid to turn it on and turn it off.  Gives the kid something to do and stay engaged.  :eek:

Tallcool1

GoWyo said:
Tallcool 1 - duct tape it to the nozzle.  Or tape it to the show box where the kid sits while the fitting crew works on the steer.  The crew can holler at the kid to turn it on and turn it off.  Gives the kid something to do and stay engaged.  :eek:

I hear ya, and there is probably a market for it.  I was probably being a little quick to respond.

My kids stay engaged by RUNNING the blower and painting legs until their little fingers won't do it anymore!

Cham2135

GoWyo said:

They have made something similar to this. There is a receiver at the bottom of the blower and an inter grated switch on the hose that turns it on. It's made by Ringer Bros.

Of course Sullivan's sells a complete blower and remote. Not sure if you can buy the remote to add to your own personal blower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 259

Auburnviewfarms

I have seen the ringer bros system that adds $150 to the blower. Thinking about something you could use with existing blowers or fans. I am making a couple for ourselves to use but was curious if there was any other interest in something like this.

afhm

Seems like there is/was a product similar to this out a few years ago, remember seeing it in Louisville but could have been a personal deal for a few people and not out on the market.

Auburnviewfarms

Trying to get it done for somewhere between $40-60 for a single 20 amp service with option to have a dual 20 amp relays to run double blowers. You would need to run double 20 amp service to the box. Am I out of line on this?

Tallcool1

Auburnviewfarms said:
Trying to get it done for somewhere between $40-60 for a single 20 amp service with option to have a dual 20 amp relays to run double blowers. You would need to run double 20 amp service to the box. Am I out of line on this?

Honestly, I think you are probably too cheap.  By the time you buy an insurance policy to protect you just in case, I would guess you would have to sell them for nearly double that to just break even.  Of course, sales volume will be a big factor.