Rescue may be needed

Help Support Steer Planet:

cdncowboy

Well I have a situation brewing and I thought I may turn to those on Steer Planet for some help.
I bought a bred heifer in Iowa at the beginning of the month, as well as a cow.  They just made their way up to the border Tues. morning. The cow cleared and is now a Canadian resident.  However the bred heifer had her paper work so messed up we still can't figure out what is going on exactly.  She is due to calve March 10, and is currently sitting at the sale barn in Minot, ND.  She may have to be retested, and this is where my problem is - there is a 60 day wait before they can redo the TB test.  Which means I can't get her home before she will calve.

What I'd like to know is there a SP member who might be able to help me find, at my expense of course, a temporary home for her if need be.  It would sure be appreciated, PM me if you think you could help out.

klintdog

cdncowboy said:
Well I have a situation brewing and I thought I may turn to those on Steer Planet for some help.
I bought a bred heifer in Iowa at the beginning of the month, as well as a cow.  They just made their way up to the border Tues. morning. The cow cleared and is now a Canadian resident.  However the bred heifer had her paper work so messed up we still can't figure out what is going on exactly.  She is due to calve March 10, and is currently sitting at the sale barn in Minot, ND.  She may have to be retested, and this is where my problem is - there is a 60 day wait before they can redo the TB test.  Which means I can't get her home before she will calve.

What I'd like to know is there a SP member who might be able to help me find, at my expense of course, a temporary home for her if need be.  It would sure be appreciated, PM me if you think you could help out.

What breed is that heifer? I know quite a few people up in that area and might be able to help you out.