Revive

Help Support Steer Planet:

smithdrew11

Is it bad or not good for the hair if you use too much revive. all i now is that it is for the pocketbook

Aussie

smithdrew11 said:
Is it bad or not good for the hair if you use too much revive. all i now is that it is for the pocketbook
Depends on the weather if hot not so good as far as I can gather. As for expensive if you live in Australia it is between $28 and $35 a can :eek:

Bradenh

yeah if its hot dont use it at all. because it like traps in heat since its so greasy. and always use it lightly because it gets heavy and kinda drags on the hair if u use too much. but if the weather is right and u use a little of it it works wonders

The Show

You'd rather use not enough than too much. If you get carried away with it their hair will get really greasy and not work good at all.

aj

I was going to ask about this deal. Is clean sheen and revive a patented mix. Is it a secret formula like Kentucky Fried chicken? Would just mineral oil work? How much clean sheen should you use on a yearling calf aday? What is the best.....what is the cheapest. Is just daily brushing best with out clean sheen? Chance.....(our neighbor and Limiousin guy) turned us on to clean sheen with a little hair product from Wal-Mart mixed in. Its a ethnic afro producing oil of some kind. It seperates in the spray bottle but you just shake it up.

sue

O0 proclaim at Sally's beauty supply store.

SFASUshowman

I use Double Dip(or a mixture of Vinegar and Main and Tail Conditioner) on days that I soap the calves, I think it helps cut any shampoo that may accidentally get left in.  I use Clean Sheen all other days, except I may use Revive once a week or so. In the last 2 weeks leading up to a show I will generally Revive them about twice a week, if their skin seems a little try I will Revive them every other day.  But a little Revive goes a long way.
Also when I have to use any type of fly control I typically mix it with my clean sheen.
I know this is probably not the prescribed method of use, but its always worked for me.  I saw on here a while back where someone gave some mixtures of products you could buy at beauty supply stores that would do the same thing, but I couldnt find the thread just now!

JCFAMILY

We were using main and tail everday and washing with joy once a week. I think using the main and tail made the hair to heavy. Being from Texas what is the best daily product to use. I'm thinking of trying sheen mixed with white vinegar. Whats everyone else doing?

chambero

A whole lot depends on your overall routine.

Ours calves get washed once a week and rinsed once a week on average.  A lot more closer to shows.  We grow plenty of hair.

I really like the show sheen/pink oil mixture someone tipped me to on this site a long time ago.  I don't ever get problems scaling, hardly ever even after slicking them for SA and Houston.

If you have a good haired calf and you've done your job, they don't need anything in their body hair at a show but straight sheen.

aj

Is there some hair training gunk? Seems like I saw it in sulllivans catalog. We've got a couple yearling bulls that have thick hair but it just always want to lay flat and tight. Would a rotary brush thingy help? The hair is good and thick.

Cattledog

I use a product called Freshen up.  You can get it at sullivans and it is primarily used for sheep.  It is lighter than Revive.  I only use it in the winter.