Riding, anyone??

Help Support Steer Planet:

Premier Longhorns

Just sharing photos of our 23 month old Texas Longhorn heifer Premier Exxonna. She is progressing beautifully in training to ride and drive.
Visit her and her "cowpals" at www.premierlonghorns.com/RidingLonghorns.html
It's how the "other BOVINE side lives"! LOL

Attachments

• Video 69 0 00 06-10.jpg
    Video 69 0 00 06-10.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Premier Exxonna driing.jpg
    Premier Exxonna driing.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 150

RidinHeifer

Jw, how do you keep your saddles from sliding forward? I just ride my cow bareback because I figured the saddle would go forward like a little withered pony.  Her bun in the oven will have to have something fun to go with it...I might not be allowed to show if it doesn't LOL

Premier Longhorns

RidinHeifer said:
Jw, how do you keep your saddles from sliding forward? I just ride my cow bareback because I figured the saddle would go forward like a little withered pony.  Her bun in the oven will have to have something fun to go with it...I might not be allowed to show if it doesn't LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Texas Longhorns are tall and leggy, not for example rotund- like Angus may be. When we train our Longhorns to ride, we use a neoprene girth. Unlike an Equine, Bovines have loose skin and no withers, but with the suitable equipment, the saddle doesn't slide forward. If you have rolypoly saddlecattle or plan to jump, try a breast strap, brichen and/or crupper.