ringworm

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortybreeder

The goats wouldn't need to be in the same pen, just having another one (I suggested wether or doe for lower maintenance) around to make them competitive. I'm sure it's alot like bulls where many can perform alone, but some need a little motivation/competition

mn55

How long does it take for the goat remedy to get rid of the ringworm. Also could we keep the goat for awhile or until the anysigns of ringworm are gone and then get rid of it? Not a huge fan of goats. haha

b_kackley

Both examples I saw a billy was bought, kept for a year by one farm and two by another then resold. The bully was able to run in the entire barn. They do smell and are a pain in the butt. I would say it was worth it if you get the same results they did. Oh, remember to worm the goat and trim his hooves. :)

vc

We used to get ringworm every year and we had two wethers running around. My boss told his future son-in-law that he wanted a dowry for his daughter, the young man tied a billy goat to his front door. (be careful what you ask for) We ended up with the goat and now that I think about it never had another case of ringworm since.
We did name him Jonathan after the son-in-law.