Rocky Balboa

Help Support Steer Planet:

FCCO

Is Rocky Balboa a good choice to breed to Angus base heifers? What would some other options be? Thanks!

ruhtram

We've had good luck using R.B on heifers...He throws good calves but I've noticed he works best on bigger frame heifers rather than smaller ones. Could try thriller.

debtramm

We bred Rocky to one of our angus based heifers last year and have the nicest heifer calf ever!  We have used him on all of our heifers with only one slight pull -  all of the calves have been small, none more than 55 pounds. I would highly recommend him.  From our breeding, he produces more heifers than bulls.  One of the bull calves we had, was res. grand champ at a neighboring county fair.  Gm

MCC

We used him on our clubby heifers a couple of years ago, they came out ok but were a little bigger than I like. We are golng to use the Doc bull this year. JMO

FCCO

Thanks so much for all of the great info! I spoke to my ABS rep this morning and he said there was some semen available. So I'm planning on using him on part and thinking about Simple Man on the rest of them...any thoughts on Simple Man?

COWgirls

We got our first rocky heifer on the ground last Friday.  Nice heifer.  Super hairy.  This one was out of a chi/maine/angus.  Expecting another one soon out of a simmental/angus.  If we get anything like the one last week, we'll be pleased.