Rocky Balboa

Help Support Steer Planet:

jalebe

I would say that the biggest negative is that you will get the occasional 90 lb plus calf. Other that that we have gotten some nice calves out of him.

Dyer Show cattle

I heard a story of someone in northern IA that bought 40 bred angus heifers all bred to him a year or 2 ago and he had all kinds of issues calving and rear leg issues as well. I myself have not used him though. Mainly because of that. That guy runs a 200-300 hd commercial farm and usually has pretty close to the same taste in cattle as I.

Bryan

i have a calf out of him this year it is a heifer calf out of a first calf Angus heifer it came unassisted and looks nice as of right now. i think it is going to be a little smaller framed calf though

Darkside

Rocky is our first chose when it comes to heifers. WE have not calved allot but about 30 in the last 3 years no problems and they get up and start nursing. He makes great females and females that will make steers but I don't think he has enough power to make big time steers.

Simmgal

I have seen some pretty nice calves out of him, but one of my friends had a heifer that had some structure issues and was fairly shallow and small for her age. She was also pretty stubborn on the halter and crazy in the field. I have also seen more shallow heifers, but the steers that I have seen are pretty decent.