Roto Brush

Help Support Steer Planet:

cpratz

I currently use a Roto brush on my steers legs. Has anyone ever used it on the stubborn body hair? I have a month till state fair and I have been working hair for at least 4hrs a day. Thanks in advance!

Dozer45

I used mine all over the body! Great for tail heads and stimulation, the calves LOVE it down their back  O0

ChristaCheatham

So what exactly does the roto brush do? Does is fluff the leg hair, help it grow longer? My understanding is that you can put one onthe end of a regular drill? What are your routines in using a roto brush?

simba

ShowSteerGirl101 said:
So what exactly does the roto brush do? Does is fluff the leg hair, help it grow longer? My understanding is that you can put one onthe end of a regular drill? What are your routines in using a roto brush?

I have 4 Hereford show animals that I'm getting ready for the fall shows. My routine is as follows: Comb out any tag, dirt, ect. Quickly blow out any loose dust & dirt. Rinse if I have time. Brush with a rice brush then blow out. Finally when they are clean and dry I go over the whole animal (body, neck, legs, etc) with the roto brush. It`ll pull up leg hair that you didn`t even know was there. It`s just like any other brush, it stimulates hair growth and trains hair. You just put it on the end of a drill.  The roto brush does the exact same thing that you do when you use a rice brush, just 50 or 60 or 100 times faster. I then finish with a light oil or sheen. This routine works wonders!

vikesfan30

In everyones' opinion which kind of rotobrush works better? And where? We have a riceroot one and are looking into the synthetic. Is it worth it?

Boot Jack Bulls

vikesfan30 said:
In everyones' opinion which kind of rotobrush works better? And where? We have a riceroot one and are looking into the synthetic. Is it worth it?

Both are useful for different areas and for different hair types. You almost have to try both when you are starting out to see which will work best for what you are doing. They are relatively inexpensive so I think they are well worth the investment. It takes some practice to handle it, but a lighter cordless drill will help. Just be patient, use it as part of your everyday routine, and don't catch their tail switch!