Rubber Mulch or Cedar Fiber?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sambosu

I have been talking to the folks that make the Cool Calf Walk-In Coolers about bedding for my walk-in cooler because I would like to use a product that isn't very dusty.  They said the new thing being used in coolers is rubber mulch.  He has heard from quite a few folks that it works great.  I was leaning towards using it but came across a site that said the rubber lets off poisonous gases and that it is harmful to be exposed to it for long periods of time.  I am not sure if I can believe everything they said because I found the information on a site promoting organic items. I looked up what has been said in the past on this site about rubber mulch and there wasn't much positive things said.  Saying that, it didn't seem like the people commenting had used it in their cooler.  I am looking for comments from folks that use/used rubber mulch in their cooler.  Please tell me what you liked or didn't like about it. 

Sambosu

I forgot to mention one other thing.  My cooler is setting on a concrete pad built specifically the way Cool Calf recommended.  I like the idea of rubber because it will have more cushion and I can wash it down every evening.  If I do this with the cedar fiber, I have to replace it quite often.