Rumor Mill on heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

earl said:
Anybody use the maine bull on heifers?
The owner of Rumor Mill, Pat Wolfe, is a member on here. He is very honest and helpful with these type of questions. I would try to find him and message him any questions. Good luck!

PWolfe

earl said:
Anybody use the maine bull on heifers?

Thank you for your interest in Rumor Mill; we appreciate it.  As is the case with ALL bulls, one needs to be aware of birthweights and potential for bigger calves.  However, after two year's worth of usage and sample of offspring, I can, without hesitation, concur that Rumor Mill is heifer safe.  His calves have consistently ranged in birthweights from 55 to 75 pounds; they come small-headed, smooth-shouldered, and vigorously attentive.  It is reassuring to know that Rumor Mill calves, at least at our place, are born small but have good grow and seem to progressively remain marketable replacement heifers or possible herdsires; both genders have shown strong potential.  I, along with Blind Badger Ranch, Shea Geffert, and Bob May (other owners), could not be more pleased with his progeny.  Look for many to sell this fall and into 2014.

Thank you again for your inquiry,

Pat Wolfe
Ohio

earl

Thanks, my son has two maine show heifers we need to breed. One is an Ali and the other is a sooner.  Will let you know how it goes.  Thanks again

Latest posts