S Chisum 6175 - Questions?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

Can anyone give me sone information on S Chisum 6175?  Anyone used him much or seen calves out of him?  Calving ease on heifers?  Show Quality of calves?  Performance, mucscle, depth of rib, consistency of calves, etc?  I have never used him, but considering him for Spring breeding.  :-\

Thanks in adance!

tanbarkguy

I have seen tons of Chisum calves as I live close to the breeders of him.  I saw him every step of the way from a month after birth all the way until he was leased to Genex and was always impressed.  Natural muscle with a ton of body.  As far as calving ease I have used him on heifers no problems.  Show quality cattle is so/so.  They can be a bit course but as far as making cows, should fit that bill.  Solves alot of problems that angus cattle have.  We will be using him heavily in both AI and ET programs.

Walker

The Chisum calves will be deep bodied and big ribbed with some thickness to them.  They seem to be average frame size and should make some super good cows.  As far as calving ease on Chisum himself they seem to be smaller calves, but I have been told by Spicklers that there can be a bigger one every once in a while.  We bought a Chisum son our of the first group of his sons they had in their sale and used him on heifers.  We didn't touch any of the calves and they were all up and sucking shortly.  We have a couple of heifers in the replacement pen and one in our group of bulls for sale.  The Chisum's may not be super fancy fronted, but they are made pretty complete.