Sailing On

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

We are going to display a new potential club calf sire @ the Iowa Beef Expo. His name is Sailing On. He is a Smooth Sailing x Hostage. He is a very late April calf and is coming on hard. We would have liked to have taken him out to Denver, but couldn't come across a display area soon enough to make it work.
  Owners are Troy Christensen, Scott Foreman, and myself. Please come by and evaluate the bull. Look forward to meeting and talking to some of you. Sincerely, Brent Christensen

CAB

Smooth Sailing is a bull that when you first see the calves you may not be excited. They will come easy and by the time they are 4/5 months old, you'll wish that you would have used more of him. We used him, took a year off and are planning on using him again this season. The calves will be moderate framed, good structured, and he seems to stamp them all similarly as far as pattern wise even between herds, which I like. Brent

mike

which scott foreman? the one from baxter buys calves from us every year, he works in texas as a feed rep, great guy

mike

He had a maine heifer he was trying to sell do you know if he got rid of her yet/

justme

Brent you need to buy Mucho and put him in the pen next to Smooth sailing!

Cann't wait to see you bull! 

CAB

I hope that you get along well @ the sale Gidget. It's hard to promote clubbie bulls. I better hold off for awhile. I meant to say above that Sailing On is THC & PHAF.
BTW Gidget, I hear that you are gaining a knowledge bump soon & tell Danielle Happy birthday. Your Friend, Brent

Eberth

The steer in my avatar pic is a smooth sailing we won NE AGR with, he didnt look like much as a calf either, but he sure did come on.

CAB

Congrats, Eberth (clapping) (clapping). I didn't make the Ne AGR this year. I was wondering what the gc was and where it came from. Who is showing the steer? & who got reserve? The pic of your calf is similar to all of the Smooth Sailing calves that I have seen. Are you planning on making the Expo? Brent

mike

Who is showing that steer now that won the AGR, i have saw Hoblins show several times since then but havent saw them pulling that steer?

Dusty

CAB said:
  We are going to display a new potential club calf sire @ the Iowa Beef Expo. His name is Sailing On. He is a Smooth Sailing x Hostage. He is a very late April calf and is coming on hard. We would have liked to have taken him out to Denver, but couldn't come across a display area soon enough to make it work.
  Owners are Troy Christensen, Scott Foreman, and myself. Please come by and evaluate the bull. Look forward to meeting and talking to some of you. Sincerely, Brent Christensen

Will he be there the weekend of the Junior Show??

CAB

Dusty, we're planning on being there Thursday thru Sat. for sure, don't know how Sunday will be. Most of the display bulls are gone on Sunday. 

When are you going to get some of the torrid details of your Fort Worth excursion up on your blog? I've been waiting. LOL. Brent

Dusty

CAB said:
  Dusty, we're planning on being there Thursday thru Sat. for sure, don't know how Sunday will be. Most of the display bulls are gone on Sunday. 

When are you going to get some of the torrid details of your Fort Worth excursion up on your blog? I've been waiting. LOL. Brent

Working on it :)

CAB

I'll be waiting anxiously for the profound and sorted details to be sure. You are back in Ne. by now, right? Brent

CAB

Larry, Troy raised him and we'll get a pic. up as soon as we get a good one taken. Brent

Latest posts