Sale results for WHR Shorthorn?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jconner2088

Looking for results from their sale this past weekend. Was interested in the Shorthorn plus females. Planned on going but unfortunately didn't get up there this year. We pulled two out the sale last year. If anyone knows any of the results could you please share. TIA

diioriocattle

I have them all in the catalog. Just let me know which ones you want and I will post them later when I get home. Cows went at a good price I picked up lot 60 and was pretty excited about it.

oakview

Very good group of cattle this year, as usual.  Entire sale averaged just under 6,700/lot according to Don Cagwin after the sale.  The feature + heifer sold very well, I also have the prices in my catalog at home.  We purchased lot 33, a very attractive Sept. heifer calf from the Revival family.  The grandkids are excited about raising some show calves from her. 

oakview

Probably hurt the Damn Proud sale that he was a double carrier.  I don't think he was a "performance" bull, either, not much weight for a May calf.  He did look very attractive, though.  I liked the Waco bull calf quite a bit and may have brought him home with me if I didn't have so many closely related cows. The March yearling was very good, too.

Lewis_Family_Cattle

Probably so, yeah he definitely wasn't bred for performance.  Just like Damn proud and Jazz his best days are ahead of him. He'll look his best as a 4 year old.

RyanChandler

He was definitely the most peculiar looking animal there.  I'd imagine the new owner goes the steer route with him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 440

diioriocattle

12B- $13,000
13- $7,500
22- $4,300
31- $17,000
41- $5,000
64- $7,500
65A- $2,300