salute

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

WAR- I  would breed her to the bull in your avatar. .. the plus program might be the answer for you? Nice bull. If you're not already aware .... Shorthorn Junior Nationals is in Kearney, NE this year.... attend and make your own decisions.

aj

Which of my comments were unethical. The epd data on the salute bull was tampered with....that is unethical. You are way out of line calling my comments on this thread unethical.

sue

If I was looking for show stock . I would look for programs that used salute? It's not a personal attack, I just think it's common knowledge that programs for show  need to use this blood lne. .  

sue

AJ- yes . the epd's would and  do suggest BW.

aj

I would concur with sue....if you are looking for showring cattle Salute would be the way to go.

sue

aj said:
I would concur with sue....if you are looking for showring cattle Salute would be the way to go.

Yes. However if I can just say... Jake as in "jakes proud jazz" might be the youngest/most influential shorthorn breeder of all times....  I dont know if Jake is even 21 years old?? But he hands down has bred the most/current influential shorthorn bull of all time. This bull is a Calving Ease trait leader. Jake son of Ohlde Cattle Company, very influential Angus operation raised a "star" of shorthorn.

aj

Interesting times.....I sent blood samples to beever on one son of JPJ and am turning another out with 15 cows here shortly. Both homegrown.

sue

AJ- I met Jake during Shorthorn University back in 06 or 05? Does this count?   I really like a bull he bred ... called Leader two... better then JPJ .. does this count. ?

sue

I guess my point was : here is a kid that bred not only the most influential  bull but also a calving ease bull. Many will never ever ever see or bred a bull like this in their life time... so based on jpj's age... JAKE was in his teens as a breeder?

sue

Let the record show . I have and will not use Salute.  It's not personal he just dosent fit in this program.

aj

I assume the posse of 5 is about ready to shut me down. Don't be a stranger sue. See Ya

sue

aj said:
A Shorthorn field rep is sposed to stop by here next week for a visit.
I missed the pot roast two years ago.? I think visiting your deal now ... would be pretty cool. Keep the ground squirrels out and just keep doing what you're doing. If it's ok... I still share and talk often about what you and Billy are breeding in southeast, KS. I hope the reps  "get it" I saw alot of uniformity then it should be very cool by now???  Check and see if they have a Durham Red flier in the brief case?

CBowlin

I’ve had 2 walking bulls that could sell semen—but who cares? [font=Verdana[color=red]]I don't think too many people are looking for Red Angus x Jersey x Holstein x Cornish game hen for replacements.

<rock> (lol) (clapping) <beer>

that actually made me laugh

mark tenenbaum

WAR said:
I am just looking to breed an old shorthorn show heifer for a purebred. She needs guts. Any other ideas
//// I just saw Wildeside-and am going to post a picture of him from 7 days ago-easy calving,the soundest cleennest fronted bull over 5 ( HES 12) that Ive EVER SEEN, $15 a straw-and THICK-the calves I saw were out of completely non-clubbie but very good Shorthorn cows. Peas in a pod-VERY THICK and Correct-immediate downsized O0

oakbar

Wow!!  After reading a few of the recent exchanges on SP, I see nothing has changed!!

As many of you know, although I used to post on SP quite a bit, I haven't been very active the last year or so for a number of reasons.    Primary on that list of reasons was that(because I work with a lot of young people who are learning about the cattle industry) I finally came to the point of asking myself "Would I would recommend this site to young people who are interested in the cattle industry and would like to learn more about it?" Unfortunately, the answer I arrived at was -- DEFINITELY NOT!!  
I decided to spend more time talking to people who were positive thinkers and who cared more about helping fellow cattle enthusiasts with their questions and concerns rather than stroking their own egos and competing in pissing contests!  I also decided that life's too short to spend time responding to  corrosive, negative comments  when all it would take on the part of some of the worst SP offenders would be to leave other breeders names out of their comments (unless they can say something positive) and to temper each of their comments with IMO or better yet in IMHO!

I actually reached the point where I thought I might be missing something by not following SP as much as I once did.  Unfortunately, I'm disappointed to see nothing has changed.   The negatives of the big egos and mindless arguing that has become so rampant on SP still outweighs the positives young folks might gain from being directed to this site.  I'd hate to think what kind of response they might get if they asked simple questions on this site.   It's sad to see what has happened to a site that used to be so much better!!   IMHO  

Hilltop

If he is a cow killer who were all the people that had the misfortune of losing all their cows? We had 10 or so cows calve to him, both clubby breeding, and purebred,  and never had any issues! I know he never bred on like everyone who seen him in Denver as a calf expected him to but really wonder how many cows bred to him died? We were going to breed a cow to him the other night and went to AI her and our book showed we had 1 straw left  but unfortunately it was used and I must of forgot to mark it off. :(

Latest posts