SAND RANCH HAND

Help Support Steer Planet:

husker1

We've had limited experience with RH, but be prepared for little bitty dudes at birth. (sub 65 pounds)  You'll wonder what you did wrong.  I had swore that we'd never use him again...then I had to eat my words.  Takes them awhile, but I'm kinda liking how they are maturing.

Did breed a couple falls to him.

Sammy

Chambero - I have an old 2006 PG sale catalogue and 5-1143 was a Magnum (Simmental) out of an Angus cow -

FutureBreeder2013

shorthorngirl2010 said:
Thanks for the comments guys! We actually purchased the bull @ the sale chambero mentioned; Power Genetics.  Still not too sure how I convinced bossman into buying a SIMMI... mind you he's tunnel vision Angus... we love him anyway though lol. <beer>.  From what I could see at JD's sale, the Ranch Hands were MY PERSONAL favorites.  Growthy, athletic, and had some shape and power to them as well.  Depending on their %age, was some rather deep sided ones there to boot.  Overall, I was most impressed the Ranch Hand sons as a whole; although JD did have a nice set of Dream Ons and Combinations thrown together as well, my congrats go out to him on such a uniform set of bulls.
-Sam

Now you can join the sim/simangus game ;)

MASE

We've used Ranch Hand for 3 yrs now. Really like him! The birth weights will range from 65 to 90#, with the bulk of them in the 80 to 86# range. Very good growth. We synchronize and AI 70% of our cows. Year one AIed 40 cows to him, last year 80 cows. Very satisfied!
We retained 12 half blood daughters into our herd last year and they are calving now. Pelvics were nice sized. They are very good mothers! Very nice udders! They have alot of depth of rib and capacity. Those of you who know Freddy ask him, he was here last week and looked through our 1st calvers and yrlng replacements.
By the way, we raised the Ranch Hand bulls #0096 and #0101 that were in the Feb 6, 10  PG Bull Sale