SAV Brand Name 9115

Help Support Steer Planet:

Boot Jack Bulls

Has anybody used Brand Name? What kind of results did you get? I really like the looks of this bull, and I used him on a couple head, so I am curious! Thanks in advance for any responses!

Shadow Hill Farm

I have not used him myself but like what I've seen (Calves look solid, have depth, nice bone etc.) from Schaffs and Champion Hill Angus. You may want to give them shout or look up past sales.  Schaffs is very nice to deal with! He's definitely on my list to use. What are you using him on? I have not seen him used on anything besides Angus. If you look up  Whitestone Farm, Aldie VA and look at their bull Armando he's a son, nice looking. I could be wrong about this but I believe that a couple of his sons where high sellers at Schaffs sale back in February. I hope this helps!

Boot Jack Bulls

Thanks for the response! We used him on a couple of Angus daughters of our herdsire, Boot Jack Maxxum, a BR Midland son. They have plenty of style and are correct, but could use a bit of mass and some frame. We prefer our Angus to be a bit larger in stature (FS 6-7) to keep them in type with our Limousin, most of which have 6 or 7 frame scores. If he works out we will use him on some Limis next spring for Lim-Flex. It is difficult to find the right Angus to click with the Limis, so right now we only use a couple of proven crosses and have not really needed to add any new Angus blood until recently.

BadgerFan

Boot Jack- sent you a pm, but for the rest of the world... our best heifer is a Brand Name out of an OCC Missing Link first calf heifer.

Latest posts