Scarlet and Gray Show Advice?????

Help Support Steer Planet:

Belties R Us

We may be taking a steer down there as part of the BEST program. It will be my first show on the circuit as well as the steers first show ever. If anyone can give us general tips that would be great:) Also if anyone knows if it is better to stall in Viaduct or Gilligan that would be appreciated as well.

Earthmover

It will be cold cold cold. We always stallled inside and tried to get close to the wash rack. Its not as crowed as it used to be so you should be able to get a good spot. Also take a heavy chain and good locks or they wil steal you blind.

Nasc

Bring some drive way salt to keep the ice down/ traction while washing your calf.
Lock down anything you want to keep.

They will probably request you to park your trailer across the street at the Crew Stadium. Be prepared to lock it as well.

We plan on going as well if our ringworm is in check. 

mlcattle

yep seen on cattlemans website, state vet will be there checking for active ringworm at check in, good idea. those with it will be dismissed. it will be a good show.

MooMooLover

Today I heard they are checking for all ringworm. Their website says "active" ringworm. How do you know if its active? If all of the crusty stuff is gone, is it no longer active?

bcosu

ringworm that has hair growing back is usually considered not active. if the skin looks healthy i would assume that it would be considered inactive.

bcosu

not sure of the exact address but it is just off of I-71 on 17th avenue at the Ohio State Fairgrounds.
WB ShowCattle said:
whats the adress for the show???

Diamond

anyone know if there are any supply or semen venders there? never been for the show there just the beef expo

TomC

mmcattle said:
yep seen on cattlemans website, state vet will be there checking for active ringworm at check in, good idea. those with it will be dismissed. it will be a good show.

I just checked the Ohio Cattlemens site and did not see any comments referencing ringworm.  Where did you see this?

OH Breeder

Just a friendly peice of advice. Through the week I live downtown. There is a ton of construction on 670, 70 and 71. Allow a little extra time traveling. If they have the 11th avenue exit open it should be easy.

bcosu

Diamond said:
anyone know if there are any supply or semen venders there? never been for the show there just the beef expo

This is just a jackpot show, not quite as large as the expo so the genetic pathway won't be open.

steerjunky74 said:
mmcattle said:

I just checked the Ohio Cattlemens site and did not see any comments referencing ringworm.  Where did you see this?

This thread is from last year. The ringworm has seemed to be better this year so it's more of a use your own discretion thing as far as I have heard.