See & Believe Female Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

nlgriff

Did anybody attend this sale at Danners? Just wondering how everything sold if anybody had the results. Especially the open heifer part? Thanks

Chap

Went to Danner's sale today.  Reallly solid set of cattle that sold well.  Averaged around $3k on 108 head.  Open's sold for $800 to $6500 , breds 1400 to 10k, HW x Mary pregnancies went for $7900 each , they ended up selling 3 unsexed pregnancies instead of the 1 confirmed male.  Seats were full, the weather was perfect, the sale was well run and the cattle were very nice.  There were some buys as there typically are at 1st year sales.
Griff, I like that pic in your avatar.

nlgriff

How much did that charlois heifer and also the ali heifer sell for? The ali would of been the 2nd open selling i think?
Yeah i like the picture too.. Wonder where she came from?  :)

furinsilex

wish i could have made it up there was 2 sales i wanted to go to friday. but we had thanksgiving at the house so figured i should stay home. cant believe how much the bred with the herferd in her sold for. Anyone have an opinion on this heifer??

Chap

char colored Invinicble sold for 2200 and Frye bought her.  The baldy Irish Whiskey out of a hereford x dam was my favorite bred heifer in the group.  Stout, sound, great balance and looked like a cow.  I am a sucker for baldies but she was in the top end for sure. 

furinsilex

thats what i heard wish i could have been there. I just still cant get over that blady heifer wasnt impressed with her in the pic but pics lie. Wish i had those embryos that sold as lot 2

yuppiecowboy

I am very puzzled about the char invincible. She was Boddicker's high seller in his pasture and she didnt seem to have any friends at danners. I thought she was about as cool a one as I had seen this year. See and Believe was a weird sale. I thought stuff was either surprisingly high or shockingly low with no real middle ground. Great set and I hope the sellers were as pleased as the buyers.

cattleman

Scott would have been better off selling his cattle on his own, I think the sale was weird because of the Danner cattle. I know theres a lot of guys scared to buy cattle from them, especially females. They either don't grow or they turn out to be shit. Ben has no common sense when it comes to breeding females. I heard he lost a lot of calves last year and that's why he decided to sell bred females, so if you bought a bred from Danners LOOK OUT!!! I think Scotts cattle made the sale a success, he definately carried Danner!! Danner is getting too big for his head, he's on a downward slope, watch and see, he's burning to many bridges!!! Heard his pasture sale bombed. Bob May and others wont buy from him anymore!!Scott hopefully will get off that sinking ship.