Sexed I-80

Help Support Steer Planet:

dfm

At that price I believe I would use conventional in a IVR flush with reverse sort on the semen. 

hntwhitetail

For that price you could just buy a few straws and sex all that you want and use it for yourself...  Marketing, Marketing, Marketing..  You have to give the owners props, they do a good job on getting his name out there.

shortii

That is just ridiculous. I like i-80 a lot but why in the world you spend that kind of money on sexed semen. if I had $910 to spend on I-80 semen I would buy 30 units of conventional semen and breed more cows with him and get more calves. 30 units conventional vs. 1 unit sexed, kind of a no brainer to me.

bk2005

I spoke with Mike Weidner from Top Sires over the weekend. he said that they can barely keep up with the regular semen demand. to make female is suppose to be much harder than male and when it is sexed, most is thrown away. what was sold at the frozen gold sale is suppose to be some of the last female units available. Mike said that they wont be sexing anymore because of the demand for the conventional.

DANSTRT

I could understand why people would think that those prices are crazy. However, I-80 has had a hot first calf crop!
I-80's first calf crop highlights include Goet's $52000 high seller to the Walker family, and Chamberlin's $40,000
Dominant female that has almost never been beat.  That's pretty impressive for the first year. If you have a cow that
will click with I-80 and can market high quality females then it's plausible. And they are about out of sexed semen.