shag vs hide and hair

Help Support Steer Planet:

r2scott

The two products cost about the same and i was wondering peoples opinion of the two.  Which one works the best or if there is not much difference.

maineangus

I have not used Hide and Hair but I have used Shag and it has worked really well for us the last couple years.

rjb

I've used grow n shine and shag. The hide n hair will be here tomm. Honesty can't say there's alot of difference between any of these. I think they all help. I think it ends up being more in the calfs genetics. Just my opinion. And hard work of course!

Mainevent

Hide and hair is your long term feeding supplement, it doesn't contain large amounts of melatonin that shag does which allows you I feed it non stop without putting too much melatonin on the follicle killing the hair growth. Shag is something that you'd feed about a month or two before the show to maybe add some fluff right before the show. I wrote a paper over a bunch of these products and found all this out on their website and reading the labels and tags.

steerkid21

We tried Hide 'n Hair this year and our steers became extremely loose in their manure and they basically went off their feed when we added it.  Either is upset their stomachs so much they didnt want to eat, or it tasted that bad.  They would eat the grass hay, but none of the feed. Just our experience.