shag

Help Support Steer Planet:

The Show

Everyone that's every used it says it does, and I thought about feeding it last year but I didn't bc I skeptical about it. Make a long story short I know a girl who shows Limi's and wanted a red calf out of her heifer to show this year. The cow had twins, one was red and the other was black. She feed them both the same except she fed the red one shag and not the black one. I went to clip her calves about a month ago before Houston and saw both the calves. The red one had a ton of hair and she NEVER worked that calf!!! After seeing that I'm defiantly going to be trying it.

stangs13

The Show said:
Everyone that's every used it says it does, and I thought about feeding it last year but I didn't bc I skeptical about it. Make a long story short I know a girl who shows Limi's and wanted a red calf out of her heifer to show this year. The cow had twins, one was red and the other was black. She feed them both the same except she fed the red one shag and not the black one. I went to clip her calves about a month ago before Houston and saw both the calves. The red one had a ton of hair and she NEVER worked that calf!!! After seeing that I'm defiantly going to be trying it.
Careful with the shag on breeding heifers..I would wait until you have her bred, or at the least cycling. And once you're on it stay on it!! I have been hearing some issues lately about heifers not breeding after being on this..we have one that was fed shag, and sure enough, she isnt breeding. It does put a great hair coat on one though!!

The Show

Sullivans says no lol
shagadd.jpg

russfarm

We've personally had great results with Shag.  Used it last year for the first time, along with 3-4x a day rinsing, and the steer we used it on had awesome hair.  I have heard some people though, that didn't see the same results.  We almost decided to go with Grow & Shine, but then ended up going with the Shag.  Just wish it was a little cheaper though.