Shorthorn AI Certificates

Help Support Steer Planet:

jnm

Would someone explain to me why it takes so long to get an AI cert. I asked for some in November and  one took over a month. I realized I forgot to order one on another calf and have been waiting over 3 weeks on this one. I have always ordered from the semen supplier (Cattle Visions in both these cases). Is there a better way? I've always thought of this as easy money for the bull's owner. Why wouldn't they want quick transactions?

kfacres

i waited once for 6 months for a cert... ended up being a deal of an AI bull not being blood tested for defects, and so they couldn't release a cert on a untested bull, after the new rule change. 

Stay on them.. that's what I did.. I even spoke with the owner on several occasions to get them rolling! (thumbsup)

3D Cattle

I agree shorthornshop.com has always come through very quickly on all of my semen and certificate orders  <party>

Mitch

I use Shorthornshop.com when I can and I have them in my account the next day if not the same day.

BlazinA

I agree ShorthornShop does a good job. I ordered several certificates in the morning and by early afternoon they were on file at the Association.

sue

A.I.  Shorthorn bull owners have to have the current balance paid before any transaction can process with ASA. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the person that sold the semen  but rather the actual AI Shorthorn  Bull owner. 

If you have delayed  transfer of reg papers it has more to do with the owner then the ASA staff. I know it was bumpy there for awhile but I think the REg staff @ ASA  is on the ball.  :)

Also remember Certs do not transfer on bulls without DNA recorded with ASA either??

oakbar

Melissa does a great job with the Shorthorn Shop transactions.    If they offer a certificate on a bull, its really silly to go anywhere else!!    I've actually started working on an on-line registration right after ordering a cert. from them and the cert. was in my inventory before I got done with the registration.    I wouldn't expect this to happen all the time, and it probably helps that I'm pretty slow on the computer, but they do a great job.  I usually order the certs. the day before I plan on working on my registrations and I've never ever had to wait for them.