Shorthorn and Shorthorn Plus

Help Support Steer Planet:

BLSC

Here are some pictures of some calves that we have for sale this year. Not the best pictures on all of them, but it is what time permitted. This first is a March 19 Sin City x Lights Out. She is really good haired and has so much flex to her hock. She will definitely be a big bodied heifer as time goes on. She is going to be one to watch for next year. The next calf is a Shorthorn Plus. He is a Millpond Exile steer that is super correct and super thick. He has an appetite for two. I think this one is going to be a good fat steer next spring and summer. The last picture is a Shorthorn Plus Heifer that is sired by Rage and out of a 1/2 blood cow, making her 3/4. She is a very stylish feminine young heifer that can really get out and move. Her mother was Reserve Shorthorn Plus at World Beef Expo as a calf and Reserve Shorthorn Plus at Badger Kick-Off along with many other champions and reserves. This little heifer is destined for the same path. These three calves are just examples of the calves we have to offer. PM or reply with questions etc.

Attachments

• Reaction si.jpg
    Reaction si.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Rebel.jpg
    Rebel.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Relish.jpg
    Relish.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 169

BLSC

We are located in South Central WI. We only live about 5 mi from IL. We just had the steer from Exile and that was it. Bw was upper 70s to very low 80s. We don't actually weigh so its a guess. Rage is a bull that Bennett Shorthorns had last year. I Really don't know much about him at all. They let us bring the cow down to have the bull breed because we.were trying to move her up in calving date. I'm waiting on a Reg number for him so we can register the calf, but that's not a big Deal. I don't think they have Rage anymore, but I'm not 100% on that one.

We used Exile a lot more this year and we did use him on a big heifer so I'm hoping Bw stay low, but you have to remember Bw depend on a lot of factors like how you feed your cows. Thanks for the compliments. We are pretty excited about the calves.

PDJ

Oh, I live about 35 minutes NW of Monroe, so we are practically neighbors.