shorthorn cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

RyanChandler

Only cattle that don't stay fat around here are on overstocked pasture.  Be careful not to envision a set "Texas" landscape.  There's as good a pastures in North Texas and southeast Oklahoma as anywhere.  I think he'd do alright.

Attachments

• IMAG0445.jpg
    IMAG0445.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 261

Okotoks

trevorgreycattleco said:
Correct. I think the martindale bull went to Canada? He sure took a good pic. I don't know if he would hold up that well in Texas.
He went to the Crawfdown herd in Ontario. They have some pretty awesome cattle so he will get a great chance and if he breeds like he looks ........ (clapping)

Their website
http://crawfdownfarms.com/index.html

RyanChandler

Okotoks said:
trevorgreycattleco said:
Correct. I think the martindale bull went to Canada? He sure took a good pic. I don't know if he would hold up that well in Texas.
He went to the Crawfdown herd in Ontario. They have some pretty awesome cattle so he will get a great chance and if he breeds like he looks ........ (clapping)

Their website

You have any pasture pics of your 23X bull? I'm a pretty big fan.

Okotoks

-XBAR- said:
Okotoks said:
trevorgreycattleco said:

Their website

You have any pasture pics of your 23X bull? I'm a pretty big fan.
Jaimie may have one. He is currently at Gordon Turner Farms running with a big group of two year old heifers along with some other bulls. I know a couple of the bulls in that pasture were pulled as they are owned on shares with Saskvalley and so are already back in Saskatchewan for their breeding season there. The rest of the bulls will be pulled soon.

Duncraggan

-XBAR- said:
Only cattle that don't stay fat around here are on overstocked pasture.  Be careful not to envision a set "Texas" landscape.  There's as good a pastures in North Texas and southeast Oklahoma as anywhere.  I think he'd do alright.
Are the calves in the picture by Drover?  They look good.

trevorgreycattleco

Wow are you green down there! I'm jealous. I been awake since 4. I can't take this drought much longer. I never been to Texas. I think of Texas I think of places like R. A. Brown ranch. R3 ranch with Minnie Lou. Big ranches where cattle got to cover a lot of ground to find enough food. I like the martindale bull for sure. I was thinking the Texas heat and large range type pastures would be hard on the showier lines of shorties. Jmo.

RyanChandler

Duncraggan said:
-XBAR- said:
Only cattle that don't stay fat around here are on overstocked pasture.  Be careful not to envision a set "Texas" landscape.  There's as good a pastures in North Texas and southeast Oklahoma as anywhere.  I think he'd do alright.
Are the calves in the picture by Drover?  They look good.

Thanks. No, both those bull calves were sired by JSF Jazz Star 73U.  63 and 70lb bws.  The Red cow,Star Glow, is a ML Cabela daughter - her calf is to the left of her.