Shorthorn heifer bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJ95

This is our three year old son of the popular Rob Sneed 034 bull. We are thinking about collecting him and distributing semen, but we aren't sure yet. Some thoughts about this bull would be appreciated and whether or not anyone would be interested in semen. He has proven to be a great heifer bull throwing calves from 65 to around 80lb. in the three years we have used him. This season he has sired 14 calves (all of his cows serviced have had unassited births) as a cleanup bull. We have had these calves on creep feed for a few weeks now and many of them have taken off.
If anyone one has any questions my email is [email protected] or you can post here.
Thanks,
Cavin Joesting

Attachments

• bull 1.jpg
    bull 1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 277

Duncraggan

I like this bull very much!

Any chance of other pictures from different angles?  This is very seldom the best angle, in my opinion, to view an animal from.

linnettejane

looks like a meat wagon!  love the color!  registration #? can we see more pics, different angles, and pics of calves?  thanks for sharing!

CJ95

Yes, sorry I have to resize all the images I post so it takes a while, but i do agree with you.

Attachments

• phpTo6DmrPM.jpg
    phpTo6DmrPM.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 204
  • phpJ6rqZiPM.jpg
    phpJ6rqZiPM.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 193

CJ95

His reg # is 4155749, if anyone is familar with sneed cattle their color is domintanly red.
Also I am willing to sell some replacment heifers this fall out of him. There are a couple this year that would be availabe because I don't have any room for them. They have been ai'd to Gold Version and would be sold as breds. If anyone is interested in them I would gladly get some pictures of them and I will start working on getting some pictures of his claves. Mind, my photos are nothing spectacular.
Cavin

kfacres

I'm pretty familar with the sneed stuff-- stands as one of the coolest tours i've ever done.

This bull has something unique in his pedigree that most RS cattle have-- the American Icon deal-- who appears to be a big percentage of Irish blood...

I'll consult my source, and see what she thinks...

thanks for the picture-- pretty neat bull, IMO

trevorgreycattleco

I have a solid red half brother here. I sure like your bull. I'd say he sounds as easy calving as my bull. Thumbs up sir. I'd collect him if I was you.

mark tenenbaum

Dividends Impact (Titelist-and alot of earlier Sneeds in this pedigree go back to him) was the  strongest blooded Shorthorn,along with his sire,for resemblence Ive seen.-your bull looks uncannily like him-Basically,anything related to Dividends Impact looks UNCANNILY LIKE HIM O0

sue

Cavin
Thanks for posting this son of 034. His dam is a roan as you well know... pretty sure she is the one that has a roan son of captain at side this year? Photographer Lacey Caffee loved this female in recent visit(s) to update RS 034 's picture and then a return visit for photos for the pick of the herd offered in Denver 2010.
I met Rob Sneed during Shorthorn U 2006 . O34 was a two year old bull and I loved him then. After I sold Leveldale Javelin to JFS. I tried to buy 034, Rob was not done with him and had no intentions of collecting him.
Two years later we returned to see 034 and his offspring- Rob wanted a partner and 034 was collected. We sold privately and did not list with distributors... I felt the interest was strong and many sons of 034 sold privately soon after- Nathan  Cunningham, MO and  Warren Lakamp, IL, HUB's Ranch, KS.
The foot traffic in general will say the most uniform set of females any where or any color, it's not just me that says this about  RS. I really feel the RS bulls are the way to go if you lack uniformity in either a commerical setting or purebred herd. Cavin please take the time to get a professional photo of  "034 908", there might be a nice picture of her dam in my files?  I would keep every daughter and build from that.
Her is a mature photo of Cavin's roan bulls sire - RS 034.

Attachments

• 034shrunk.jpg
    034shrunk.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 159

Duncraggan

CJ95 said:
Yes, sorry I have to resize all the images I post so it takes a while, but i do agree with you.
Having seen Sue's post I feel that this, in my opinion, is a sure case of the son being better looking than the sire!  There is a lot to be said for line breeding and prepotency in sires, I wish I could get the consistency of these Rob Sneed cattle, and a couple of other herds for that matter!

If I were in North America, I would be in the queue for a good number of doses!

kfacres

Duncraggan said:
CJ95 said:
Having seen Sue's post I feel that this, in my opinion, is a sure case of the son being better looking than the sire!  There is a lot to be said for line breeding and prepotency in sires, I wish I could get the consistency of these Rob Sneed cattle, and a couple of other herds for that matter!

If I were in North America, I would be in the queue for a good number of doses!

I've never seen a herd of cattle like the RS-- in terms of being lined up, and consistent.  I highly recommend that herd visit, even though he lost his good looking lady herdsman.

CJ95

Sue,
I appreciate this post and completely agree with you on the fact that RS cattle are special. I aquired this bull in the fall of '09 before RS cattle were very popular. After Sullivan's bought pick of the herd and an 034 son sold well at Denver, we decided that we should maybe market our son more. I am glad that there is interest in 908 and we are beginning to plan collecting him this fall. We haven't decided how to market the semen yet, but we will figure that out. We will take professional photos in the future when we begin to market his semen. Again, thank you for the post.

CJ95

Here are some pictures of calves from 908. This first picture is an april plus heifer out of a commercial cow. She is a blue roan and had a bw of 89. The second picture is an april plus bull calf out of a commercial cow. He had a bw of 78 and he is a blue roan. The third picture is a pure short heifer out of a gold version daughter. She had bw of 67 and she was april calf. The rest of his purbred calves are late june calves so they haven't taken off like the rest of them.
The last two pictures are yearling heifers that were both born in May 2011. The first heifers reg # is 4174877 and the second heifers reg # is 4174878. Both heifers have been ai'd to gold version. Also if anyone is interested I would be willing to sell them this fall.

Attachments

• th_565.jpg
    th_565.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 435
  • th_564.jpg
    th_564.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 475
  • th_559.jpg
    th_559.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 452
  • th_552.jpg
    th_552.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 461
  • th_549.jpg
    th_549.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 449

CJ95

For comparison here are these heifers side by side.

Attachments

• th_568.jpg
    th_568.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 432

Duncraggan

C'mon, these last pictures are fairly dodgy!  Do your magic with them, can't see a thing!