34.8 KB · Views: 110
  • phpBHx8oZPM.jpg
    phpBHx8oZPM.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 161
  • phpi6XqekPM.jpg
    phpi6XqekPM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 121

Duncraggan

Heifer in the 4th photograph looks good, am I right that she is the one on the right in your second post?

The other one looks to have a goose rump, shouldn't have any calving trouble though.

kfacres

that big bodied heifer-- looks good.. that RS bull sure changed that pedigree in her...  when Ic heck that pedigree out- I don't see much for big bodied type deals-- but that good big bodied heifer appears to be a maine influenced deal-- with no maine in her...

good job..  I'd maybe even buy 10 straws on that bull if you get him collected...

CJ95

Outspoken, thank you for the interest and. I will be sure to let everyone know when we collect 908. As for the bigger heifer she looks about the same as her mother. Her mom is a tank. Last fall she got an infection in her toe to we had to amputate one of her toes on her hing legs. She's goin on eleven years old and still in production with half a toe. The bigger bodied heifer would be a good buy and the smaller heifer is actually a granddaughter of the aforementioned dam.

kfacres

CJ95 said:
Outspoken, thank you for the interest and. I will be sure to let everyone know when we collect 908. As for the bigger heifer she looks about the same as her mother. Her mom is a tank. Last fall she got an infection in her toe to we had to amputate one of her toes on her hing legs. She's goin on eleven years old and still in production with half a toe. The bigger bodied heifer would be a good buy and the smaller heifer is actually a granddaughter of the aforementioned dam.

noticed such when I looked their pedigrees up... 

sue

CJ95 said:
Sue,
I appreciate this post and completely agree with you on the fact that RS cattle are special. I aquired this bull in the fall of '09 before RS cattle were very popular. After Sullivan's bought pick of the herd and an 034 son sold well at Denver, we decided that we should maybe market our son more. I am glad that there is interest in 908 and we are beginning to plan collecting him this fall. We haven't decided how to market the semen yet, but we will figure that out. We will take professional photos in the future when we begin to market his semen. Again, thank you for the post.

The dam 908 is pictured under pacer performance page of  www.robsneedshorthorns.com  she is the only roan female on this page.

knabe

Your website says 20 years of carcass data.

What does that mean?  How did you make progress and what impact did that have on phenotype?

Your website has great pictures but little info.

Nice organized and high quality site.

kfacres

knabe said:
Your website says 20 years of carcass data.

What does that mean?  How did you make progress and what impact did that have on phenotype?

Your website has great pictures but little info.

Nice organized and high quality site.

EtA:

Apparently, there was mis-communication- even though I asked Michelle. 

I agree the website needs work.

Latest posts