Shorthorn pasture pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

Toughie

Here are a few pics taken on Fathers day of calves from our Hargrave James Ricky bull.  He is a son of Cornersite James and out of a Shouffler's El Bonito daughter. The white calf at the end is a daughter of Hatfield Rock On, a Northern Legend son of Alta Cedar Julia Ann.  Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Fathers day 2011 044.JPG
    Fathers day 2011 044.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Fathers day 2011 071.JPG
    Fathers day 2011 071.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Fathers day 2011 071.JPG
    Fathers day 2011 071.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Fathers day 2011 038.JPG
    Fathers day 2011 038.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 156

Toughie

Oops!! The second and third pic are of the same calf.  This is the right pic.

Attachments

• Fathers day 2011 066.JPG
    Fathers day 2011 066.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 153

mark tenenbaum

They are chunks-I like the hip on the 1st roan,and the muscle expression on the dark roan,and the Canadian guts and rib on the white hiefer-El Bonito?-I wish I could do an AI deal up there-Shorties Queen and others are going ahead with it HATS OFF-why not  use Tiger Woods,Dirty Harry (or a host of bulls now available in Canada check Gonnets site)-when a usefull US Purebred Shorthorn is pencilled down to a haf blood? O0

Okotoks

I really like the roan heifers and the white Legend grand daughter.Legend is pretty preponent in stamping his female descendants with a broody look. His first daughter to be shown in Austarlia last month did very well her first time out! The Alta CedarJulia Ann 35L dam of your bull has been a top producing cow.She did a really good job at Wolf Willow and has continued producing good ones for Hatfield.
I bought the Cornersite James semen last weekend at the semen auction sale. He has some really old Altriene breeding as well as some Killearn breeding that I have not seen close up in a pedigree for years.It should be interesting especially now I have seen how well Hargrave Ricky James is breeding!