shorthorn plus bull calf, what do you think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegadelivestock

Muridale Buster 14k son X Sunseeker/Double Stuff 2yo, 76 Lbs, unassisted. PHA free by pedigree, TH pending. Opinions welcome.

Attachments

• bull calf.jpg
    bull calf.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 228

mark tenenbaum

renegadelivestock said:
Muridale Buster 14k son X Sunseeker/Double Stuff 2yo, 76 Lbs, unassisted. PHA free by pedigree, TH pending. Opinions welcome.
/// Thats a he87543ll of a calf:Canadian Shorthorn genetics are kind of unpredictable onthe Heatwave-or Chi-Maine etc clubby breeding-but that sure looks like it worked to me O0

renegadelivestock

mark tenenbaum said:
renegadelivestock said:
/// Thats a he87543ll of a calf:Canadian Shorthorn genetics are kind of unpredictable onthe Heatwave-or Chi-Maine etc clubby breeding-but that sure looks like it worked to me O0

i used him because i knew he was going to be super easy to calve, sometimes you just get lucky i guess. thank you for the compliment. the cow is getting bred thriller this year

OH Breeder

Plus calves seem to be gaining popularity in our area. Recent expo they sold on average higher than purebred stock. That's a nice calf. Up headed and eye catching .

Mainevent

Great muscle, if I were to change him maybe put some more flex in his hock but overall a super good calf.

renegadelivestock

cows calf from this year (maternal brother)
sired by thriller

Attachments

• thrillerbull.jpg
    thrillerbull.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 164

renegadelivestock

winter has ben  bit brutal here, as it has every where else, so I didn't get very many newborn pics of this crop. normal snow fall for my are over the course of a winter is 9ft.this year we are closer to 16ft

tamarack

where did you find the buster 14k semen none to be found in Canada he is a good bull.

renegadelivestock

mark tenenbaum said:
renegadelivestock said:
sired by thriller/// Look very similar in type-the Shorthorn x didnt show alot of butt from the rear picture-Ill stick my neck out and say from what I see-the Thriller will be very similar U TELL ME O0
he has quite a bit more butt then the calf last year. The shorthorn bull I used for her first calf is the culprit on that! All of his calves are a bit narrow assets. But all of he is very easy calving so he suited her for her first calf.

mark tenenbaum

renegadelivestock said:
mark tenenbaum said:
renegadelivestock said:
sired by thriller/// Look very similar in type-the Shorthorn x didnt show alot of butt from the rear picture-Ill stick my neck out and say from what I see-the Thriller will be very similar U TELL ME O0
he has quite a bit more butt then the calf last year. The shorthorn bull I used for her first calf is the culprit on that! All of his calves are a bit narrow assets. But all of he is very easy calving so he suited her for her first calf.//// You bet-a live calf comes first-and you dont eat the butt-but from a side view the Shorthorn looks to have alot of muscle and beef where it counts-good first calf.Would probably grade as goos as anything else O0