Shorthorn show heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

I guess for me I lost my obsession with goose fronts and choke necked females when I saw enough of them that wouldn't breed back, wouldn't grow a calf and amerfax didn't become popular. The opposite extreme is just as bad. Sort of reminds me of d&r.

Davis Shorthorns

Id get a hold of JC Scritchfield in Kansas.  He might have something that in the right hands could be good.  Also id look at Hubs in Norton, KS.  They are going to be a little larger framed but great udder, and balanced cattle.

mark tenenbaum

Yea Caper Cattle are good-I forgot about his cattle,and maybe 2-3 other herds in Minnesota-his cattle are certainly deep ribbed and showy at the same time.LEAST I FORGET-the WO Cattle aint got no trump-and some have no clubby anywhere-especially the ones that came from that old herd up in South Dakota-Id be looking at them too-talk about outcross genetics to breed about anything to. O0

garybob

knabe said:
I guess for me I lost my obsession with goose fronts and choke necked females when I saw enough of them that wouldn't breed back, wouldn't grow a calf and amerfax didn't become popular. The opposite extreme is just as bad. Sort of reminds me of d&r.
Bump!!!! Same for me. Nothing's worse than feeding a cow for a whole year, and she comes up open.

GB

MSTF

Buy a DF Pure Gold, hands down one of the best to be raised in the north

aj

Long necked.......goosey fronted.......long nosed cattle........are terrible hard keepers. If they get 50 pounds of grain aday they look great in the show ring. Then you turn them out on grass.........they lay down and die or wish they were dead.

KFShorthorns

knabe said:
Breed her Maine and put some spine in her

Different angle showing her length of spine better... She can hardly stand straight in my 7' trailer. I think she's plenty long enough, maybe just camped up a bit in earlier photos.

appreciate the feedback tho. And yes she was plenty fat for that show! Got her back down to a more reasonable condition now.

Attachments

• Maxine RC fair.jpg
    Maxine RC fair.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 199

Okotoks

KFShorthorns said:
knabe said:
Breed her Maine and put some spine in her

Different angle showing her length of spine better... She can hardly stand straight in my 7' trailer. I think she's plenty long enough, maybe just camped up a bit in earlier photos.

appreciate the feedback tho. And yes she was plenty fat for that show! Got her back down to a more reasonable condition now.
I thought she was a great heifer at Agribiyon last fall. Looks like she is developing nicely (thumbsup) Congrats
I don't know if she would have enough bone and extension for most US shows but she is the type I like.