shorthorns at nAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

ingram

Missed the naming of the champion & res in the oprn show. Looking by the internet that the heifer show was very deep. When did they get to naming the champions. who was the champion and res. in the bull. Who was the hot calves eired by.

Doc

The champ was a March 09 hfr that Cyclone sold. The reserve was Reece Klugs' hfr that was champ in the jr show. Full results is on the ASA website. Solution & Bloodstone still sired the most winning calves.

oakview

I can't understand how the heifer show keeps getting better every year, but it does.  I thought it was interesting that the junior and reserve junior champion heifers in the open show were full sibs to Solution, Bloodstone, Primo, etc.  If there has ever been a more prolific mating than Trump X Desert Rose 004, I don't know what it would be.  Several national level champion females, a national champion bull, and half a dozen outstanding breeding bulls have been produced from this cross.  In regard to the bull bracket, I would estimate that at least 80% of the cattle shown in Louisville had Trump very close in their pedigree.  I couldn't help but notice the near complete absence of Double Stuff.  Since neither one is likely to be considered a 'commercial' bull, I would assume we make our decision on each bull on the show ring and the lasting impact each bull has made on the breed.  I've said it before, like it or not, no bull in the Shorthorn breed has had the far reaching influence of Trump.  Always enjoy stirring the pot. 

Throttle

I'm not a real shorthorn person but I dd see them pretty good the last few years at the major national shows. Trump has done great things for the breed when it comes to skeletal correctness, both on the feet and legs and through the ribcage and spine. These top end heifers are really perfectly designed from the ground up, now the breed really needs to just moderate frame a hair more and put a little something in the seat of their pants. You see so many of these high end heifers from the side and fall in love, but really analyze the width in the hip and base and see the muscle pattern and it is still not where it should be, IMO. What bull will do that to these Trump based cool looking ones?

showman ne

the champ heifer and supreme shorthorn overall went to CYT Max Rosa 9111 ET. she is a solution out of the 07 denver reserve heifer. the champ bull was SULL Primetime who is a solution x mona lisa 34P and resever was DF Waco who is a Sonny x Diamond Helena Dottie i believe

newherf

the pictures that are posted on the naile website did not do the champion bull or the champion heifer any justice. They both looked really nice in person.

mark tenenbaum

oakview said:
I can't understand how the heifer show keeps getting better every year, but it does.  I thought it was interesting that the junior and reserve junior champion heifers in the open show were full sibs to Solution, Bloodstone, Primo, etc.  If there has ever been a more prolific mating than Trump X Desert Rose 004, I don't know what it would be.  Several national level champion females, a national champion bull, and half a dozen outstanding breeding bulls have been produced from this cross.  In regard to the bull bracket, I would estimate that at least 80% of the cattle shown in Louisville had Trump very close in their pedigree.  I couldn't help but notice the near complete absence of Double Stuff.  Since neither one is likely to be considered a 'commercial' bull, I would assume we make our decision on each bull on the show ring and the lasting impact each bull has made on the breed.  I've said it before, like it or not, no bull in the Shorthorn breed has had the far reaching influence of Trump.  Always enjoy stirring the pot.   Tuff to beat-although those genetics are only available to a small portion of the breed per=se, what next? O0